Best K10 Cylinder Head

Hi,

I have recently swapped out my 1.0 L MA10 engine in my PAO (ECC controlled with Catalyser for a MA12 from a 1990 1.2 GSX.

The MA12 motor has bent its valves following a cambelt failure so I now need to rebuild one of the heads but which one...

Which head will give the best performance. I haven't removed either head yet so not sure about port sizes , combustion chamber sizes , valve sizes but heard the 1.2 and 1.0l are the same.
Any advice on best head to use or what to compare would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Si

the one i have is the best the larger port MA12s head ;) £60 collected if anyone wants it. its in very good condition and was taken from a perfectly running car

My wife is running up taxi fares for the nursery run so the sooner the better for me!

Whereabouts are you Speedle?
I'd be interested if you're not too far from KT6 4EL

Cheers,

Simon

A Pao with a snapped cambelt mine snapped last night, appears a cam shalf seal had gone leaking oil onto the belt, so the cam belt only lasted 30K or 20 months.

How easy it to swap the engine over? For what its going to cost in parts for valves etc, could I just go for an MA12 from K10.

Quite fancy junking alot of the emission control gubbings at the same time.

Looking at how much space is availible around the engine an engine swap looks easier than taking the head off in situ any pointers?

A Pao with a snapped cambelt mine snapped last night, appears a cam shalf seal had gone leaking oil onto the belt, so the cam belt only lasted 30K or 20 months.

How easy it to swap the engine over? For what its going to cost in parts for valves etc, could I just go for an MA12 from K10.

Quite fancy junking alot of the emission control gubbings at the same time.

Looking at how much space is availible around the engine an engine swap looks easier than taking the head off in situ any pointers?

Hi,
An engine swap is a real pain. The PAO engine bay is much smaller and crammed with extras and I ended up removing the engine from the bottom of the car. If the engine and box are OK I'd just replace the head - mine were on their way out so I bought a low mileage 1.2gs which ran perfectly and swapped the entire lump. I'd like to remove the emission control stuf but haven't worked which wires I need to plug a standard Micra carb into for the antidiesling valve etc etc. Plus there's that bloody huge computer under the drivrs seat which controls fuelling , ignition timing and inhibitor if you've got an autobox.

Back