K10 Coilovers/lowering

Hi all,

This is my first post, will try and get pics up soon of my 1.2 GS. But firstly, I would like to say hi :).

I noticed a post earlier mentioning something about a guide to lowering K10's, I know you get asked this a lot but if there is one lurking about I would love to see it. Also, any adivce/guides/tips on lowering would be greatly appreciate :) I'm not too keen on the idea of springs as they seem to do damage after about a year so coilovers appeal to me.

Thanks,

Tom.

Here is a pic of my beast, she is in mint condition. Only 47k on th clock when I bought her for £550. So far I have smoothed the bump strips and removed the stickers. I have also added a few stickers and a hanging man and I have sanded and sprayed the steelies.

29273_428374200086_729445086_5370629_6000576_n.jpg

Tom.

Thanks people :)

From what I can gather, Polo 6n coilies are a near fit but the thing im stuck on is what exactly needs to be modded on the car. Anyone who has done this, i.e RTLkyuubi (I have spoken to you on Retro Rides about this) who would offer guideance/adivce, it would be hugely appreciated. Worst comes to worse, I will pay one of you experienced lot to do it for me if anyone is up for it?

I just wanted it slammed and to stick a nice set of smaller wheels on so it handles a bit nicer.

Tom :)

Thanks people :)

From what I can gather, Polo 6n coilies are a near fit but the thing im stuck on is what exactly needs to be modded on the car. Anyone who has done this, i.e RTLkyuubi (I have spoken to you on Retro Rides about this) who would offer guideance/adivce, it would be hugely appreciated. Worst comes to worse, I will pay one of you experienced lot to do it for me if anyone is up for it?

I just wanted it slammed and to stick a nice set of smaller wheels on so it handles a bit nicer.

Tom :)

if you have acess to a welder and know how to use it then 6n coilovers will be easy to fit (asuming you have the mechanical knowledge that usualy comes with knowing how to weld)

Not particularly, I just need to know what needs to be attached to what etc. Haha, don't judge me based on that, I'm more of a audio/elctrics person. Never had any experience with welding etc.

Tom

Not particularly, I just need to know what needs to be attached to what etc. Haha, don't judge me based on that, I'm more of a audio/elctrics person. Never had any experience with welding etc.

Tom

then ask a welder to do the job for you, because it's a part of a car which is important for your safety and it should be done right. i don't think you want your suspenison to fall into pieces on a motorway ;)

Back