K10 Coilovers

I have a friend who is in the process of making coilover kits for the k10 micra aswell as the march super turbo.
I was just seeing if there would be any interest in these? Im just waiting to hear about prices.
Heres some info about his company
Okay, here are some pictures.
First up... The Coilover. This is a example for a EG6 Civic, but will be the same for most other cars.

EG6-S.jpg

EG62-s.jpg

EG63-s.jpg

The MeisterR Coilover have these features:

Linear Rate Spring - Made from Cold wound chrome silicon steel.
Monotube damper - 16 stage adjustment for Compression AND Rebound.
Top Mount - Anodised Aluminium top mounts with integrated pillowball bearings.
Nickel Plated threaded - Resist corrosion on the threaded shock body.
Dual Perch Design - Enable ride height adjustment without affecting the spring pre-load or damper stroke length.
Easy Service - Coilover can be taken apart without any special tools, all part can be easily replaced if needed.
Warranty - All coilover comes with a 1 year warranty provided by MeisterR, all spares will be kept in UK stock.

Some pictures at the sample test day.

ARRIVAL
Logo.jpg

Front.jpg

You know you are serious if this is your parking lot.
Lot.jpg

Think I look out of place? I don't think so. :D
Fitin1.jpg

Fitin2.jpg

The Lorry that house the Dyno. Thats right, this SPA Dyno is what Porsche GB use on their CUP Race Car.
PARR is a sub-contractor for Porsche GB to run the Cup Race. You know these guys are serious(Ly Expensive)!!!

PorscheTruck.jpg

MeisterR Damper on the Dyno
DynoTable.jpg

DamperDyno.jpg

AND THE RESULT (These are for MY BNR32 Skyline GTR)

BNR32 Front Damper
MeisterR_BNR32_Front.jpg

BNR32 Rear Damper
MeisterR_BNR32_Rear.jpg

You can see that there are noticeable change to BOTH Compression and Rebound.
Not alot of Suspension (IF ANY) do this for under £1,000.

Finally, Look at the number plate. Porsche knows who is the best! (GTR)

PorscheGTR.jpg

There would be interest i imagine, there certainly is from my small corner :D

i know people have tried to make/ find coilovers that fit.

would this be a group buy if theres interest.

when you have a price keep me posted ;)

cheers

Steve

he has made set for other cars i.e starlets etc, but as there is no direct fit coilover avalible for the k10 it would be good for him to produce some.
If there was enough interest i could talk to him regarding a group buy.
will keep you informed

Prices should roughly be around the £550 mark but i will confirm price once they have been made. This is for a complete setup.
Complete as in top mount with pillowball included, seprate ride height and spring adjustment, linear spring rate, monotube damper, 16 damping (compression and rebound) adjustment, and the damper will carry 1 year warranty.

Il keep everyone posted about these, they wont be avalible untill the year as they need to develope them for the k10-ek10 but when they are ready il try and organise a group buy.

he has made set for other cars i.e starlets etc, but as there is no direct fit coilover avalible for the k10 it would be good for him to produce some.
If there was enough interest i could talk to him regarding a group buy.
will keep you informed

Prices should roughly be around the £550 mark but i will confirm price once they have been made. This is for a complete setup.
Complete as in top mount with pillowball included, seprate ride height and spring adjustment, linear spring rate, monotube damper, 16 damping (compression and rebound) adjustment, and the damper will carry 1 year warranty.

I'd be interested ,definetly!! Pm me we'll talk moneys

hell yes!!

I'd be deffinately intrested, but I wont have the funds till Jan - will that be a prob? all my £££ is tied up in other things right now

they wont be ready untill early next year so thats no problem. i was just gauging interest in them but it now looks like theres enought people wanting them so they will be going into development shortly

Hello All, my name is Jerrick and I am the owner of MeisterR Ltd.
Dan have kindly pointed me to your direction and I will try to answer all the questions I can.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to ask me at any time.

is a progressive spring available as an optiom...?

Porgressive springs will not be available. To be honest, it is not needed.
Porgressive springs are mainly use with standard damper with lowering (shorter) springs.
The reason they do this is that manufacture need a way to get springs soft enough to work with the standard damper, but also hard enough so that it won't bottom out due to the decrease travel. This is not needed with the MeisterR Coilover as the springs and damper are matched to work together.

Progressive springs also wear faster as only part of the coil is used after the initial coil bind, and can be noisy as the coil slap each other during road use.
I have look into using progressive springs, but it just don't seem to be worth the hassle for little or no gain at all.

A properly set up damper will be comfortable for road use and adequate for trackdays, even if the spring rate sound harder then it should.

I'll have a set soon as they are done...any idea what they will lower the car by?

Dual Perch Design allows you to lower your ride height without affecting your spring pre-load.
Once you pre-load the springs, it is the position of the lower bracket and the length of the springs that define the ride height.
Normally, there are enough adjustment to set the ride height of the car betwee factory height to "tyres behind the arch" low.

I see there are plenty of interests, so I will talk to the development team to get things started.
I would say the coilover will be ready sometime in January, I will keep you all updated.

I hope that answer some of your questions.
Please feel free to ask anything else if you have any concerns. :)

thankyou

thats really good of you - thanks for giving us all the chance at haveing a decent suspension set up for our k10's, I for one am thinking these will make a dramatic improvement in the cars handling

read everything and peoples comments.. altho im thinking personally..

Kool, Good, Price, Micra, Kyb, Spax.

Get my drift maybe.. depends what ur going for i guess..

i just have limits of not going too far.

Decent tho that some ones doing more for the k10.

These can be adjusted to any different height, they will give better handling than any other normal gas/oil shocks...can't see why people wouldn't buy them

How much ex vat as I'll be shipping to Southern Ireland??Sounds great as far I remember Leda was the only other maker outside japan to make coilover for the k10 and they were well over £1200

How much ex vat as I'll be shipping to Southern Ireland??Sounds great as far I remember Leda was the only other maker outside japan to make coilover for the k10 and they were well over £1200

I cannot be sure yet because it depends on how the Duty and VAT works out when it arrives. But lets say 100% it will not cost anyone here more then 580 GBP delivered. (I think I can get a reasonable priced service to southern ireland)

But looking at everything, this is going to be a go for sure.
I will keep everyone up to date. :)

Also, does anyone know what are the difference in suspension between the K10 and the EK10? Will a EK10 suspension fit a K10? if not, what are the difference? I will try to develop for both car if possible... But if the car are very different, then I won't be able to develop for the EK10.

Just thought id bump this as sounds like a massive achievement for the k10!

Can anyone answer Jerrick's question about any differences?

Alright everyone,
im new to the club and have just been reading about the group buy on coilovers for the K10 micra and was wondering if there are still any avaliable to buy???
Cheers jim

Any chance of international shipping?? ie, australia??

If so, I'm interested also.

Also, does anyone know what are the difference in suspension between the K10 and the EK10? Will a EK10 suspension fit a K10? if not, what are the difference? I will try to develop for both car if possible... But if the car are very different, then I won't be able to develop for the EK10.

I think the diff is that there is a hole in the ek10 susp for the sway bar...otherwise exactly the same...something like that

Back