Coilovers Needed

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Hey guys i have a 1000 bucks sitting here now. I need a full set of coilovers before the 5 of june for a fast fours v V6 v V8 challange at hidden valley raceway, If anyone has some or knows where to get some in short notice i would appreciate it.

Cheers

ask nissan mania about the d2's, i personally haven't heard great things about them, but they seem to be working out well for him.. and i'm sure you could get them in a hurry... i think they might be a touch more then a grand thou.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
yeah that is cool. I was not going whiteline shocks and springs. I should have worded it better. Sorry. Was going to replace the shocks in mine now and get lovell springs plus whiteline camber bolts anti lift kit and sway bars. Over 1600 in price though and for that i can get a good set of coilovers just not sure if they will arrive in time.

red car is secret spec coilovers for now, running japanese brand "swift" springs, 7k front 5k rear, for daily i'd prob recomend comething like 4 front and 2.5-3 rear with dampening adjustable shocks. even with that it will feel pretty hard and annoying on the road, that's basically what the red car is running. nismo s tunes are 3k front, and 2.3k rear i think, very good for both track and street i think.. ofcourse, if its more dedicated to track, get harder springs, but then, if your really into your racing, you should have half a dozen different spring rates on hand so you can tune the handling to suit your driving and/or the track your driving on

deNs WROTE:

"Which GTR? Does this mean that 1 K11 = 1/2 GT-R? :p<BR><BR>---dens

lol, k11 = 1/16th gtr :)

sikK11 WROTE:

"gtr spring rates are 8.5 fronts and 6 in the rear i think. Will go 4 and 3 in rear.

i reckon you'll be pretty happy with 4+3, for street n track. gtr spring rates are alot softer then that, more like 4k something standard, every manufacturer has diff spring rates, most coilovers for honda's are anywhere from 16-24kg... now that's ****in hard!

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"there actually not that bad, there on loan to gtrholic atm, he's enjoying the slight eerrr "bumpiness" hehe.. alot of the racing teams in jgtc / drift etc use swift springs, kinda like the buggati veyron of springs in japan :D

I was running S.W.I.F.T springs in my old EG civic with Bilstein coilovers. i had 14kg on front and 12kg on back.....i'd highly reccommend these springs.
Endless Zeal coilovers actually use them on there fuction series coilovers. Not too sure about there new ones but i know the Function D comes with S.W.I.F.T springs

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
I have 5kg front G4's and it can feel quite harsh on some Sydney roads.
If not for my bucket seat I think I would've bounced off the seat!

They do feel nice when you go through smooth round abouts :)

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
ed. WROTE:

"I have 5kg front G4's and it can feel quite harsh on some Sydney roads.

They do feel nice when you go through smooth round abouts :)

Could you comment on your thoughts about the quality of the G4's? (hmm, that sounds like a question someone would ask on the news)

---dens

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"ed. WROTE:

"I have 5kg front G4's and it can feel quite harsh on some Sydney roads.

They do feel nice when you go through smooth round abouts :)"</div>

Could you comment on your thoughts about the quality of the G4's? (hmm, that sounds like a question someone would ask on the news)

---dens

Only other coilovers I've had were GAB's on my 34. These certainly look good. I'm not sure if it's my problem or not but I've had to re-tighten the locking ring on the front struts twice now. If I need to do it again I might use some lock tight. For the money I reckon they are great!

sikK11, make sure you have an impact wrench when you install it so you can tighten the rear strut tops :)

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
yeah i got one and a torque Wrench. I think they will be good. The only thing i am worried about is the spring rates. Just hope they are right and not to stiff or to soft. See how i go i guess.

Tony from Just Jap was very helpfull and he seems pretty keen in micras talking to me about how he wants to put a sr20VE in one.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"yeah i got one and a torque Wrench. I think they will be good. The only thing i am worried about is the spring rates. Just hope they are right and not to stiff or to soft. See how i go i guess.<BR><BR>Tony from Just Jap was very helpfull and he seems pretty keen in micras talking to me about how he wants to put a sr20VE in one.

i think its sr20de ;D

actually its sr20ve :) these motors piss all over sr20de's..

Attachments

• 36063.jpg
    36063.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 23

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
sportsclassic WROTE:

"sikK11 WROTE:

"yeah i got one and a torque Wrench. I think they will be good. The only thing i am worried about is the spring rates. Just hope they are right and not to stiff or to soft. See how i go i guess.

Tony from Just Jap was very helpfull and he seems pretty keen in micras talking to me about how he wants to put a sr20VE in one. "</div>

i think its sr20de ;D

yeah no mate it is definately the sr20ve. They come out in the american and jap pulsars silvias and yeah i think some x trails. They put out 140kw Stock NA. there ****ing sick. I have a mate up here put one in a nx coupe. this was the ****. was slapping almost anything it came up against.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

'nuff said.

Hadn't heard of the VET though, just had a quick search and found something you've likely seen already matt (though I thought might be interesting for others :))

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?t=67061

---dens

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
yeah.... definately cool!!! theres sr20det's aswell by those same taiwaneese.. would they not go harder?? the power to weight ratio would just be rediculous. it would be almost impossible to keep it from wheelspinning!!

Back