K10 carb jetting

Hi everyone,
just want some advice on jetting for my k10, did a dyno run lately and the guy said its running rich down low and lean up at the top,it has standard jetting,that is 94 main "first" jet and 130 secondary main jet,it has a 1.2 cylinder head that has 50 tho skimmed off it,ignition advanced approx 27 degrees,lightened flywheel,the engine is just rebuilt,as i want to race it soon and my dyno guy is too busy,i would like to know what secondary main jet to use,i have a 137.5 and a 165,i was thinking of putting in the 165 to be on the safe side and not melt the pistons etc!,any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone,hope to hear from someone soon,
regards
bikepmist.

Hi everyone,
just want some advice on jetting for my k10, did a dyno run lately and the guy said its running rich down low and lean up at the top,it has standard jetting,that is 94 main "first" jet and 130 secondary main jet,it has a 1.2 cylinder head that has 50 tho skimmed off it,ignition advanced approx 27 degrees,lightened flywheel,the engine is just rebuilt,as i want to race it soon and my dyno guy is too busy,i would like to know what secondary main jet to use,i have a 137.5 and a 165,i was thinking of putting in the 165 to be on the safe side and not melt the pistons etc!,any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone,hope to hear from someone soon,
regards
bikepmist.
was that with air filters fitted ?

Thats what happened to my last car (on carbs) when I fitted K&N filters, I could tweak the mixture screws (su's) but either had a lean top end or a rich idle. Stock filters restrict the flow at higher engine rpms (where air demand is highest) so will richen the mixture up.

Back