hi,
i currently have a k10
but... its abit worn out i love it but sadly it needs to go
so i was thinking about getting a k11
seeing as the k10 was so good

so a few questions

what is realy good about them

what is bad about them e.g. problems with rust/things that ALWAYS go wrong

and lastly how common are they (sale wise) and how much would i expect to pay for one (estimation)(on the 1.0 16 valve model)

any reply much apreciated
chub

the rear of the sills rust, as does the front crossmember, common faults are the drivers door handle cracking and the throttle body playing up, the camchain can get noisy at high milage, if you get one with NATS then it can cause problems but isn't that common. As for cost check Ebay or autotrader, a decent 1 litre can be picked up for as little as £300 dependant on year, milage and condition.

i baught a minter of a Super S k11 with 89,000 miles on the clock for £500. no rust, (still hasnt) cam chain a bit noisy, but thats now sorted. it has had no throttle body probs, hasnt missed a beat.....

should be able to get about £1000 for it with all the mods though, (although i doubt it..lol)

deoends how much your wanting to spend i guess. when i was looking for micras i did see a lot of ####ters at rip off prices before i got mine (1.4 se 51 plate for 2 grand. 37k on clock)

ok,
cheers

what would you guys recomend as a good starting model
because it seemes like they make loads of different variations

i saw this http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=17451

i think this is what im looking for :

something under a grand (to buy)
the sr looks great but are the parts easy to come by???
and i havent got any money atm its just an idea so how often will these come up???

im guesing the guy has already sold this one???

any advice will be fantastic
chub

Back