juuuuust great

James

Chairman
well...yes its JAE time. and yes we should all drag our rear ends there. small problem... ours is now not really a rear end.
Set off for james' yesterday, arrived, everything peachy.
went for a drive round sheerness.
stopped at traffic lights, and some lovely bloke with "abs", flat front tyres and no tread smashed into the back of us.
back end caved, nearside rear passenger door warped, wont open, boot wont shut, crash bar is coming through the bumper and the rear wheel rubs. front end pushed into a sign, scraped passenger wing.
gonna cost nearly a grand to get brought back to tyneside, so tied bumper down and pull bumper back.
if you are at JAE, admire the new blue rope mod, so cool in the south of the country. pics to follow

Layla and Ian

James here now with some pics:

[attachment=1388] [attachment=1389]
[attachment=1391] [attachment=1390]

Ouch! :(

James.

Yeah from what i've heard its a writeoff, but the guys insurance will cover it.

Setting off to JAE soon, but a bit delayed. Ed if you're reading this ANSWER YOUR PHONE/CALL ME! :p

James.

ah well even if its written off you'll get your money back.

just means you gotta go through the hassle of getting another car

kev_mono72 said:
aw no way, is everyone ok?

whiplashed and pissed off about covers it.

the guy is being a complete nob end about it. hes like, no, i'llpay for the damage its not a write off im a mechanic.surely a mechanic would know that locking your wheels with ABS is pretty damned difficult, and also that your front tyres should come with tread and air.

Fumin man. He's a mechanic and he doesnt think its a write off?!! Maybe he can repair it but in insurance terms that is definetly a write-off. Forget about him getting the job done, the car will still have been involved in an accident, claim in his insurance

no it wont craig, you claim off HIS insurance

Just dont listen to what he has to say... tell ur insurance to deal with it and get the money for ur car being a write off...

however if you dont want it to be a write off tell the guy that you want ££ to fix it..

i'd get the money for ur car mate, then claim wiplash and other stuf because he's being a **** and then get a new car and spend all the cash on it, shame it had to happen tho :down:

even if it does get repaired...noone is going to buy a car with this amount of accident damage if ian comes to resell.

also, just got back from the crappest A&E department in the world, and i have a snapped neck, not whiplash. so this guy is TOTALLY paying for my uni education :p and ian's car... and a new house... etc XD

Layla said:
this guy is TOTALLY paying for my uni education :p and ian's car... and a new house... etc XD

lol sounds like ur not gonna have to work for rest of ur life lol but hows neck aint snapped necks meant to b quite bad? didnt princess di die from snapped neck that flopped to side n she couldnt breathe or something...

Dusk said:
no it wont craig, you claim off HIS insurance

Just dont listen to what he has to say... tell ur insurance to deal with it and get the money for ur car being a write off...

however if you dont want it to be a write off tell the guy that you want ££ to fix it..

Look on forms, it says any claims regardless of fault...
Snapped neck is not good, you done bones or ligaments?

craig is right, but for whats happend i would still claim on HIS insurance, all costs, courtesy car, injuries, the car! do it man, no faffing about with someone repairing it

RE: RE: juuuuust great

Ian said:
not exactly snapped, but one of the bones in her neck has actually shifted from the impact.

i hope she recovers soon mate :)

i know its not the first thing you'll be thinking of right now, but you wanna start looking into a claim thingy.

if you can get in touch with mandas gp they'll have a copy of the notes that were made in A&E and theres your proof of injury etc.

:)

yeh we've rang the police and they said we have to go to the shields station and report an IRTA (injury road traffic accident). then they start an investigation.
more worried about the car.

just so you all know. The back door doesnt really open. THe boot wont close. I'm not a mechanic but the back end seems out of align... write off :(

dont worry bout the car, its done now, there nothing you can do with it, except claim for it

was gutted to hear about this, heard off chie yesterday (sat) afternoon, hope everyons alright. i just saw a big smash on the m6 on me way back from jae, it was an m3 convertable span accross 3 lanes through goin too fast in the wet... some people never learn.

tommo

i cant have been there mate, i saw it briefly from a distance while browsin a few other stands across the other side of the toilets

jus seen this thread, bummer Ian, i remember how excited u were when telling me bout the car on msn. Like evertyone says, go the insurance road, that wud b better and then claim oh and Manda, get well soon!

Back