Just ran in to £300 what to do?

Ive just ran in to some money, i have a 1.0lt k11 Preg preface lift.
now what is the most i can get out of 300 pound?
i have alloys already, wondering if i should engine swap or get some lows and exhaust?
my engine is only on 44k tho so is it worth it?

Coilovers and save the rest.

FWIW my 1.3 conversion was roughly £500. Engine, cost of fitting, fuel, 2x oil, 2x filters, gaskets, sealant, coolant etc etc..

Though you can do it for much less.

yer that isnt any gain compared to money spent. okay cheers i shall look for some coilovers and shocks.
do i need the ajustable pan hard rod and would it be better getting rear micra lowering springs?

yer that isnt any gain compared to money spent. okay cheers i shall look for some coilovers and shocks.
do i need the ajustable pan hard rod and would it be better getting rear micra lowering springs?
Noddie rod needed :) You could make a cut and shut if funds are tight !

...as long as I cut it? Haha. So there was no dyno for a 4-2-1, Airbox and backbox? Or was this a joke...or....i'm confused.

*HIJACK ALERT* - I've read all your build stuff @frank and the blogs on the oz site etc. In your pic, what wheels are they? Frankensteels? Lol. What method of lowering did you have in when that pic was took?

Attachments

• 1402498324460.jpg
    1402498324460.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 306
18hp. And Frank has shown me just how small the exhaust passageways get in the manifold, I don't doubt it for a second!

What would it give on a 1.4 ? roughly.
about the same i guess davy, but no-one has done a back-to-back dyno test to my knowledge
i highly doubt many 15 year old 1.3 k11,s are still outputting the factory 75hp personally, and most dyno operators will print whatever hp you want to hear

I've a long way to go before I don't miss the power of my 250bhp Derv Golf. :( I'm going to get a rover manifold this weekend and bodge that on.

Same here bud, used to drive a 6litre V12 jag, but, rather have the micra now. A few more horses would push this little thing on no end. Looks like a Frankspeed mani with full sports exhaust may be the way to go, as I said though......still studying.

i cant remember that far back :) which pic ?

Did you check this one Frank? Reason I ask is I've found a friend who can do me banded steelies, I'd love a set of frankenspeed ones but you're too far. :( Wanted to know what thickness of strip you welded in, or what the process was?

Also what lowering did you do for your avatar pic? Is that the matiz and cut coils? iirc you ditched the coilovers for these after a bit in your blog...before the pic anyway?

most of my wheels are just reversed/flipped mate, but the wider ones are one and a half wheels rather than banded (only 1 weld needed then)
and yes they were matiz front legs :) (the coilies were far too stiff)

64490.jpg
64489.jpg
64483.jpg
65579.jpg
65580.jpg

Argh....I thought it was the Micra strut and matiz spring, I've cut the matiz rear spring in the micra strut and now it doesn't sit at all haha. I'll go to a scrappy tomorrow and get a Matiz front then and cut how many coils? Or if you read this before I find it...do you have a link in your blog?

You know, if you don't have £300 lying around anyway, maybe you should put it away for a rainy day? Might come in handy next MOT, especially if she needa welding

I did the Matiz rear into the front, wasn't low enough. Why lower the perch, rather than cut spring? Reading now Frank.
Oh yeah that was it. Rear matiz springs on micra front shocks. Corsa shocks on rear with micra cut springs.
I find it's perfect for everyday driving, handles speed bumps fine but a little bumpy at times for me, me but does the job.

Back