Just ordered my new car...

G

GuyWood

Well, having just completed paying for my K11 1.4, I've ordered a K12 SR160 and am extremely excited. By coincidence, the K11 is stuck in Manchester being MOT'd whilst the windscreen dries and they lent me a 1.2 Sport+.

Cosmetically, it's identical to what I've ordered, black paint, black interior and THOSE alloys :love: .

Will have to start looking into upgrades...

Cheers Rik, I used to be a member years ago but have since lapsed, nice to be back :grinning: .

Welcome back :)

I was looking into getting a 160SR after i got bored with my K11, but have decided agisnt it. Staying jap tho :D

To be honest, having owned a Micra for 5 years now, I wouldn't buy non-Jap again - they're just so blinkin' reliable :laugh: .

Just goes to show that Nissan should have launched the 1.6 micra sooner.

It must be selling well surely?

Anyone know the actual figures?

damn right they should have more variations in engine capacity. a 1.5 turbo unit like Colt CZT would be more than welcomed! hehe

realistically, 150bhp is needed to be called a warm hatch!

really dissapointed

having bought my 160SR last september I can safely say I cant wait to get rid of it, (Problems began at 1500 miles) since buying it I have made so many complaints about the appauling build quality terribly crappy seats very soft paint work ie bird poo and stone chippings, pannels and buttons falling off creaking windows and wait till you try to get new tyres for it I had to wait three weeks to get continental tyres of the dimensions that it comes fitted with that I,m close to giving up on the whole nissan thing there back up is terrible and whenever I complain they just shrug there shoulders bearing in mind none of my problems have been resolved, whats a man to do I wish I'd stuck with my K11 or better still gone with a Mini cooper I only hope someone from nissan see's this note as this will be the last Nissan I buy.

PS. I hope all those buying cursed 160SR's dont have the problems Ive had and really enjoy what they have to offer (In the beginning) a Fun reliable drive

Have any other 160SR users had lots of problems with theirs? I'm picking mine up soon, so dont want to make a mistake.
Cheers

Never really had any problems with my car.
The dealer doesn't sound very good though. Perhaps you should try complaining to the Manager about the lack of response from the garage,or,Nissan themselves. I know that as with all manufacturers the paint is now water based as this is more "enviromentally friendly" which is why its not as tough as it use to be. :wasntme:

Antsub said:
having bought my 160SR last september I can safely say I cant wait to get rid of it, (Problems began at 1500 miles) since buying it I have made so many complaints about the appauling build quality terribly crappy seats very soft paint work ie bird poo and stone chippings, pannels and buttons falling off creaking windows and wait till you try to get new tyres for it I had to wait three weeks to get continental tyres of the dimensions that it comes fitted with that I,m close to giving up on the whole nissan thing there back up is terrible and whenever I complain they just shrug there shoulders bearing in mind none of my problems have been resolved, whats a man to do I wish I'd stuck with my K11 or better still gone with a Mini cooper I only hope someone from nissan see's this note as this will be the last Nissan I buy.

PS. I hope all those buying cursed 160SR's dont have the problems Ive had and really enjoy what they have to offer (In the beginning) a Fun reliable drive

nissan would sort your problems out,its just your dealer......a for the tyres you should have spoke to ed and got some better toyo's why do they have to be coninentals?

lol what do you mean by soft paint? any car gets stone chips

i would join as many owners clubs as you can and just see what problems other cars have the mini has its share too also the new fiesta st has a shed load,including rust allready :D

runaway-robot said:
Welcome back :)

I was looking into getting a 160SR after i got bored with my K11, but have decided agisnt it. Staying jap tho :D

the k12 is half french though????

IMO the k12 only looks good in black, just looks as bad as the k11 in any other colour lol and dont get me started on the shed...i mean k10

Big_ben said:
and dont get me started on the shed...i mean k10
March-st.jpg

:p

it looks like a pig, i admit i would love to own it but its not exactly aesthetically pleasing on the eye

Back