Just bought a Nissan Equation...

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, the only reason I'm joining becoz I bought a micra :grinning:

I just bought a S reg K11 equation 1.0 for 500 pounds few days ago,
hoping to replace my Tigra which will definitely fail the upcoming MOT.
With 110000 miles on the clock but a new engine plus new clutch.

After buying this, I drove it on motorway and I sense that the steering wheel are having big trouble,
So I pop back to my trusted garage in Swansea and have a full check.
Tragedy comes, the garage man told me that both CV joints and both brake cylinders are dead.
Plus all other minor things I am expected to fix them all for 400 pounds, which slightly more than i expected.

Also, this car have no PAS, no Aircon, no electric mirrors and window.
I'm being cheated by the previous owner I think. :suspect:

But anyway I truely believe that Micra will just last forever after I fit in these new parts,
so I don't mind keeping this car as it got an new engine, which means a lot of tuning potentials.

But first I thing I will sort out the interior first and need you guys advice :grinning:
If I buy a pair of Micra doors from scrapyard with electric mirrors and window,
will that be possible to fit that into my Micra?

I dnt think they had electric mirrors here in europe. But you could get electric windows and it would be possible yes

Its not all bad its only around £50 for 2 cv joints and 2 brake cylinders.

Good on you for keeping it and welcome to the club (Y)

Yay another equation owner, hopefully you can get your problems sorted,

Only thing i see hurting my 1.0 equation is the rust on the rear axle/panhard rod and wishbones at the moment, its getting so deep :S, im at 100000 miles with the same engine although somethings rattling quite badly now too (Its not been maintained well at all, infact the service was like 10 years ago haha.) could be exhaust heat shield or something in the engine (Relating to not changing the oil :/ )

Keep us all updated on your progress ! :p

I dnt think they had electric mirrors here in europe. But you could get electric windows and it would be possible yes
Really lol!!!?

Yay another equation owner, hopefully you can get your problems sorted,
Only thing i see hurting my 1.0 equation is the rust on the rear axle/panhard rod and wishbones at the moment, its getting so deep :S, im at 100000 miles with the same engine although somethings rattling quite badly now too (Its not been maintained well at all, infact the service was like 10 years ago haha.) could be exhaust heat shield or something in the engine (Relating to not changing the oil :/ )
Keep us all updated on your progress ! :p

I will let you know :)

Its not all bad its only around £50 for 2 cv joints and 2 brake cylinders.
Good on you for keeping it and welcome to the club (Y)

I've just got the full list of what's wrong,
both CV joints, ball joints, brake cylinders, 2 tyres all 3 wipers need to be replaced,
Need wheel balancing and steering wheel reaglining as well
For the interior I will need a full valeting, and for extreior I'll need some T-cut.

I'm now planning to make it looks cool before my friends see it,
so I'm planning to spray all chromes and plastics that I can see black,
do anyone did that before and are there any advice fot that?
As I'm totally newbie to painting.

Coz firstly I have no idea what I can do with the fabrics, I don't think I can change the colour by simply spraying on it.
Second I can't imagine how difficult would it be to remove all the plastics trimmings inside the car and do the spraying.

The seats I will just cover it with the black water proof seat cover from tescos temporately, 6 pounds a pair which is a bargain LOL

Back