Just a few curious questions???

CMF_1micra1

» CMF Member
Hi all, Got a question which i cant seem to find the answer to on the net so thought i would see if anyone knew.
Is there lowering springs which lower the k11 further then 35/40 mm? Or do you have to buy coil overs to achieve this?

Also does anyone know of were i can purchase ( new or second hand ) an aftermarket manifold. 4-2-1 ?

Thanks

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
1micra1 WROTE:

"Hi all, Got a question which i cant seem to find the answer to on the net so thought i would see if anyone knew.<BR>
Is there lowering springs which lower the k11 further then 35/40 mm? Or do you have to buy coil overs to achieve this?<BR>
<BR>
Also does anyone know of were i can purchase ( new or second hand ) an aftermarket manifold. 4-2-1 ? <BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
<BR>

matt humphries (oxford) does 50mm ones, manifolds too :) 07778 838927
or else springs from another make of car (suzuki rears on the front of mine)

frank

Attachments

• 44866.jpg
    44866.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 30

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
shalon WROTE:

"which Suzuki springs do you have on your car<BR>
frank and how does it feels

shalon
alto, wagon r, ignis or daewoo matiz (all rears) and the ride is a lot firmer than my misses,s stock k11, which i can,t figure, because they,re made from the same or 1mm thinner (depending which model suzuki) guage wire.
you dont need compressors to fit them btw, (just 3 hands)

Attachments

• 44884.jpg
    44884.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 49

CMF_1micra1

» CMF Member
Is that the standard rear springs of the suzuki?

Also i bought some 15@ alloys for the little micra and it slowed it down like nothing else but when i got the standard 13"inch steelys on it goes like it should but just looks ..... well you know haha!

whats best wheels to use without losing any performance? i tried 14 inch vauxhall nova wheels but no joy there either!

thanks again

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
1micra1 WROTE:

"Is that the standard rear springs of the suzuki?<BR>
<BR>
Also i bought some 15@ alloys for the little micra and it slowed it down like nothing else but when i got the standard 13"inch steelys on it goes like it should but just looks ..... well you know haha!<BR>
<BR>
whats best wheels to use without losing any performance? i tried 14 inch vauxhall nova wheels but no joy there either!<BR>
<BR>
thanks again
both springs in the pic are stock (suzuki and k11)
the rears are 1 coil cut stock springs (with the cut/tail reshaped flat again)
and yeh 155/70/13,s dont look cool but with 40psi in, they,re definately "lively", and those parts will fit both engines ok :)

frank

CMF_1micra1

» CMF Member
Thanks frank, but got a tip about the 155/70/13, i work for a tyre wholesaler which is nothing to boast about but get to try different tyres all the time n i found that you can get for the same price 155/65/13 which have a lower profile and dont flex on the side walls when pushing it round corners, i found this when i put cracks in all 4 standard tyres! wasnt good !!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
shalon, like i say, they,re 1 coil cut, stock k11 (with the cut tail heated up and bent level)
it meant that they were,nt fully captured when the car was jacked up, so i had to rework the rubber washers on the top of the shocker (ie, 1,1/2 rubbers on the top, and 1/2 a rubber below, which effectively shortened the shocker and held the spring secure when jacked up)

frank

Back