Jobs

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Well I work in a dead end job at sainsburys and have been for the past 4 years, I really need out into a full time job with better prospects. But its not easy I havent known what I wanted to do since I was 16 and being 22 now I still dont really know. Anyone any suggestions?

See if you can get into some sort of trade, even if you don't enjoy it you can make shedloads of money from it.
I'm currently serving an apprenticeship as a aircraft fitter at BAE systems, hate it but when i have the qualification i will probably leave. But its something to fall back on...

Say to your employers that you want to work towards management.Most of them will send you to college for the qualifications.

Say to your employers that you want to work towards management.Most of them will send you to college for the qualifications.

not strictly true.

i know of maybe a handfull of BIG companies that would do this. other companies would rather they "found" you as it wer. so they would be the one responsible for you becoming a manager.

halfords for instance, you have to work your way up and if you mention, "i want to be a manager" they will laugh at you and tell you to prove yourself. its not easy. so i left..lol

Prferably I would like to leave sainsburys, I dont think I can stand it too mucn anymore. (well as soon as I get my alloys back off my mate at work). Wouldnt mind getting out of this country and working abroad somewhere.

i still think qualifications are very important if you didnt complete uni, think about doing that and that opens up a lot of options for you. there are so many graduate scheme jobs out there and most start on 18k and provide very good career prospect.
its true it can be competitive but you dont know if you dont try!

even at sainsbury you can ask what sort of options you have, with your experience, i am sure they can offer you something better unless you've been a bum and left a very bad impression. :) they would prefer to promote someone who has been with their company than wasting money to train up a new employee.

we cant really suggest specific jobs as we dont know what you like, only if you like something you will have the determination and drive to do better and rise above others. so you should think about what you like first and work towards that!

I know I dont enjoy sainsburys much, I really would like a change, preferably not in retail. But I still dont have a clue what I like?

some form of public service like the police or fire service, plenty of money, room for advancement and a solid pension.
im a cleaner for a NEXT distribution warehouse on weekends so dont think your jobs that bad lol.
i've been looking into police and its a great promising job, and i believe it can lower your insurance (provided you dont mention anything about driving for them) as your more likely to obey traffic laws.

but, each to their own, you gota just look at as much as you can and see what appeals to you most

I dont know how long you have had your license for but if you save up you can do a driving instructor course, I think its a few k but once you finish you can teach just the general public on about 26k or you can go into teaching the police too. You need to have had your license for 3 years.

Back