Jealous, me?

Just got back from a friend's house, where we took his Renault 5 GT Turbo out for a spin. He is the same age as me (18), and also owns a VFR400 Honda bike. He has 155 bhp - I have about 55 at a guess. Couldn't believe the speed of the thing. Climbing back in my Micra I realised that actually, I wasn't really that envious. Firstly, he is getting a financial raping - about £2500 pa for insurance. Also, the thing is prone to break down any time soon (over 120,000 miles on the clock). But most of all, he is an absolute magnet for police - with a full bodykit, dump valve etc etc, we were on the road for 5mins when we got stopped. Am I content with my 'stealthy' Micra - YES! (For the time being at least) :)

I quite like R5 GTT's. Around the time I was 18 I was very close to getting one but it never happened, equally a 205GTi, I lost interest after i discoverd the ST existed. The R5's have horrendous interiours, perhaps some of the worse from that era. Even 90's clios look terrible imo. By comparison the ST interiour may looks plastic by modern standards, but no more so than the K11 etc.

I used to own a renault 5 gt turbo a few years ago, quite a cool car it was, the interior didnt really bother me, as for reliablilty there prone to something going as the chances are they have always been driven hard all there life, 2500 is a hell of a lot to pay for insurance but at 18 its always gonna be high, now i'm 21 i'm paying about half on my turbo now compared to when i was 19 on my micra so age is always gonna be an issue when your young,

and turbos are gas guzzlers compared to micra's! but the performance is not even in the same league, head to head my old micra wouldnt stand a chance in speed or handling.

however the interior in my super s was my favourite and still is,

Sounds alot like my mate who spend 8k on his Nova, 2.0, VERY quick, but breaks down every five minutes and he never actually has it because its always getting repaired in Nottingham, and where in Surrey!

Mark said:
I used to own a renault 5 gt turbo a few years ago, quite a cool car it was, the interior didnt really bother me, as for reliablilty there prone to something going as the chances are they have always been driven hard all there life, 2500 is a hell of a lot to pay for insurance but at 18 its always gonna be high, now i'm 21 i'm paying about half on my turbo now compared to when i was 19 on my micra so age is always gonna be an issue when your young,

and turbos are gas guzzlers compared to micra's! but the performance is not even in the same league, head to head my old micra wouldnt stand a chance in speed or handling.

however the interior in my super s was my favourite and still is,

im not surprised it is a turbo after all... but a Turbo K11 or an ST is in the same league and can exceede them :)

I'd love to get a 205 GTi and drop a Mi 16 engine it in :D yeah proper T16 style!

Plus the interiors on the 205 arent' that bad. the read carpet is a Gti give away but still nice.

Mark - I agree about power, but the Micra handling is awesome compared to a lot of cars
the handling was really good in my Micra and i'm sure that it could handle better than some cars but the car i have now has far better handling, IMO main reason is because it has front and rear strut braces and Koni adjustables. also it has equal length driveshafts to cut down on torque steer,

but then again i dont nail it around corners anymore now cause i dont need to with more than double the power going through the front wheels :laugh:

im not surprised it is a turbo after all... but a Turbo K11 or an ST is in the same league and can exceede them

depends on how much money you spend on them, more money you spend obviously the more power your gonna get.

a turbo K11 perforance wise would be but K11's dont come with turbo's, so they need thousands throwing at them in order for them to be turbos

same as a ST too but there far to expensive IMO, I did consider buying one but due to the costs of them decided against one.

the Honda VFR 400 doesn't make any difference, chances are it's going to be slower than a 125 since it will be restricted to 33bhp ;) and it'll be heavier than a 125 aswell ;)

On the other hand I do like a nice R5 GTT

59 bhp is more than enough said:
tbh although the micra handles okay ive found that it doesnt handle any better or worse than a hatch of the same size and weight.

true

but its the same as anything else, with little mods it will always handle good. mine sticks to the road like mad, but it rolls like a ######, its only on lowered spax springs with a front strut brace but it does handle, then again, raceworx new K11 makes mine look like postman pats wobbly van goin through corners lol

Back