Help me choose car!

Robb

Site Supporter
Hi i am new to MSC i have had a 1.0 K11 for over a year now and am properly considering a 1.3 or 1.4. Ive recently had a bad experience with a different car and am prepared to wait to get a sweet model whatever the age so were talkin Si or sport+ etc.

I have just spent ages lookin thru forums on which is better, the 1.3 or the 1.4 in the 2000-2002 facelift and i still cannot decide. I am interested in tuning the pants off it when i buy but only if said modifications are sound, solid and reliable and there seems to be pros and cons to both. Also if you have a 1.3 or 1.4 and tune it to 100+bhp (HOW?:)) what kind of 0-60 we talkin here? If 12 seconds is a safe estimate before tuning then just how much faster can u go?

And breathe. :)

The 1.3 has more "off the shelf" parts, but the 1.4 ould be, ultimately, more powerful due to it's larger displacement - what do you want to do to it?
100bhp gives an 8 or 9 second 0-60 IIRC
Craig

Im tempted by the 1.4 as you get more kit and it is a bigger engine. But then i think who needs remote c/locking and leccy windows its just more weight. Am i right in thinkin the gearbox is taller in the 1.4 too?

Also i heard it is possible to shoehorn a 1.6 or even a 1.8 out an Almera or primera etc. into the micra, yet i havent found anything about that. I think that is just awesome :) and i would consider that.

Shaweet. :) I would like a 1.3 si or a 1.4 sport+ but cannot decide. Im tryin to find that list of tuning parts and suppliers but i cant find it now it would be good to see what can and cant be done to the 1.4. Jus wanna show mate what fast is (cos its not a 1.1 cinquecento sporting with a frickin chip!).

Lol! What is this chip thing? People keep talking about it but I don't understand. Is it just a chip that tells the car to pour more air and petrol in the cyclinder?

its a resistor that fools the engine into thinking the engine is cold all the time or summit you can get em on ebay for a couple o quid but they dont make a difference. you only get a noticeable difference chippin a car if its got a turbo or supercharger. innit.

How would the car constantly thinking the car is cold make it any faster? When my engine is cold, it's really chopping and doesn't respond very fast until it hits a nice temperature.

Effectively colder air is more dense, so more fuel is needed. With the ECU thinking the air is colder than it is, it injects more fuel than normal.

This causes no end of problem, and is basically a load of rubbish.

Between the 1.3 and the 1.4 K11's your probably best off with a pre-facelift CG13 K11, as you may have a hard time with Manifolds and the Facelifted K11's

Effectively colder air is more dense, so more fuel is needed. With the ECU thinking the air is colder than it is, it injects more fuel than normal.

This causes no end of problem, and is basically a load of rubbish.

Between the 1.3 and the 1.4 K11's your probably best off with a pre-facelift CG13 K11, as you may have a hard time with Manifolds and the Facelifted K11's

no need to go pre facelift, i have a '98 facelift and it's got a janspeed manifold. it's after 2000 that you run into problems., so i'd stick with the 1.3 si, like me:)

I'm thinking the Cinquecento he's referring to would have an actual chip, not one of the cheap ebay ones.. I used to own one and there was an 'mkcritch (sp) chip' available that actually did improve performance.. Not sure what it did/how it worked.. But a lot of people highly recommended it.

Only problem you may have with the manifold is A/C if fitted, which needs to be removed in order to fit the manifold. I think..

Back