Can someone measure his battery for me?

Hello,

I'm new here. I never thought for my life I would ever join a motor sport forum, but my interests have been changing a lot over the past few years :)

Anyway, I need to replace the battery of my beloved Micra k11, and the current battery in there isn't an original battery, so I don't know the correct measurements. I don't want to make the same mistake twice, therefore I would like to ask if someone would be so kind as to measure his own battery and communicate the information to me.

TL;DR
Two years ago the battery was dead. At the time, I had no clue, so I accepted help from someone I didn't know very well, but who spontaneously offered his help. It was very nice of him, but it turns out his advice was suboptimal (which doesn't make me less thankful that he was there for me). We bought a battery at the closest DIY store, but we had to cut back some of the thick black plastic encasing so it would fit, and now it's leaking (there is white foam on the bracket beneath it) and needs to be replaced again.

Finances are quite tight at present, and after all, that guy showed me how to change the battery myself. In addition I've been working on electronics a lot recently else wise, so I'm thinking of buying a battery with good ratings on the internet that actually fits and doing the repair myself.

Should batteries differ between models: My Micra is from 2000, has 40 kW power, uses petrol NOT diesel, and has a manual transmission.

I'd be very grateful if someone could communicate the correct dimensions to me.
Thanks!

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Go to Carparts4less website and enter your registration number, then search batteries. They will give you the option of several makes of battery, the correct size for your car. AFAIK the only minor problem is the fact that some K11 Micras have small battery terminals but most have the standard large ones, when choosing the battery you want you need to check what size are fitted to your car, Dont forget to enter the discount code at the end (currently 17%). Carriage should be inclusive of the battery price IF you choose the 'free' option...
As an aside, if your existing battery has been leaking, then when you remove it make sure to clean down ALL metal work under where it has been sitting, using hot water with a LOT of bicarbonate of soda dissolved in it. This will fizz up alarmingly, but is neutralising the acid spill. Keep washing down till the fizzing has stopped which is an indication that all of the acid has been removed. Dry down the area(s) treated and give a quick coat of spray primer to protect the bare metal to stop future rust....