jap numbrplate size

so i have bought a open mouth bumper (thanks to broony) and i want my number plate on one off the sides of the bumper, i want a square numberplate but would prefer te proper jap size as i have seen someone state it on here somwhere but cant find where. cheers
steve

Japanese vehicle registration plates fall into two classes: Prefectural, used nationwide, and Municipal. Municipal registration is typically applicable to motor vehicles that will not leave the area, such as light motorcycles. In the prefectural system, the top line names the office at which the vehicle is registered, and includes a numeric code that indicates the class of vehicle. The bottom contains one serial letter (typically a kana), and up to four digits. The classes of registration plate are divided by vehicle type and engine size. For private vehicles less than 660 cc, registration plates have black text on a yellow background. Above 660 cc, a white plate with green text is used. For commercial, non-private vehicles, the colours of the numberplate are inverted. An official seal is applied over one (typically the left) screw, preventing the plate being removed and applied to another car.
Municipal registration plates in Japan may vary in color and design.

PINCHED FROM WIKIPEDIA :)

I had a delve through my emails, and the one I went for on the Almera last year was 330mm x 165mm

Which looked like this:
2646975092_efe1ca675e.jpg

just ask for a jap numberplate when you order it
That wouldn't be that helpful as there are 4 sizes!

330mm x 152mm
330mm x 165mm - the one I went for
330mm x 178mm
330mm x 203mm

thanks every one,have you still got that one james, could you measure what the size is from the start of the s to the end of the zero then add about a cm to each side as i think that would be about the size im after, ie just enough to fit the letters in as its for the front bumper. thats if you still have it. cheers

thanks every one,have you still got that one james, could you measure what the size is from the start of the s to the end of the zero then add about a cm to each side as i think that would be about the size im after, ie just enough to fit the letters in as its for the front bumper. thats if you still have it. cheers
I don't have it any more i'm afraid, but if you're looking for one to fill up the number plate, you might be better off going for the 330mm x 203mm one which looks like this:
4ob2b2r27gv57d0798dg96kv50_10.png

If you want to have a play, have a go on the Demon Plates Plate Builder: www.demonplates.com - that's where I buy my plates!

James.

this is the basic idea of what i want, i just dont know what size to order. also that is the same bumper as i have bought so there will be no recess in the middle (sorry rob for taking your pic lol)
2rzawdx.jpg

plate is to small...if its a real size jap plate like what james has listed it will stick out. i had to move it over where the fog lights sit.

hmmm fair enough, is the one i have painted legal though as thats the size i want, think i will make a few carboard templates before hand to no what size i need

arnt they illigal on non-import vehicles?

no...i heard you could fail the MOT with them on...but tbh its all aload of rubbish...

it would be like fitting an imported car (in the uk) with a uk size plate...would that make it illegal? no as the plate is still readable.

i think its just whats been said and passed around. or people claiming to have jap plates and having small bike number plates fwn

Check my blog steve, ive got a square plate on the side of the bumper, if it looks like the size you want then i'll measure it up and send you the size(Y)

Back