people with jap sized plates

R

RIK

can you give me the size in MM or inch's please

i need to order one for my new bumper.the bumpers in the bodyshop so i cant get to it to measure it up.im guessing its a standard jap size plate it takes because its not square or long like U.K ones

heres a pic to give you an idea and the one in my avatar

Attachments

• RIMG0002.jpg
    RIMG0002.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Photo-0046.jpg
    Photo-0046.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 152
sonic said:
with demon plates you can build your plate on line and see what it looks like.

lol just tried that.they all go onto two lines

i supose if it fits in width ways it dont matter how deep it is because theres nothing at the bottom half of the reg (its not a full recess)

i thought all imports had the same size plate.i wanted it the proper size tbh

The size depends on where the car is imported from I suppose. Do you want the text to read like a GB plate, on a single line ?

sonic said:
The size depends on where the car is imported from I suppose. Do you want the text to read like a GB plate, on a single line ?

yeah like on eliots and eds rear plates..but im going to order some now from demon plates.

I think it's 13 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches for jap import plates, but i'm warning you RIK, import plates with the reduced size letters are for import cars only. It's very easy for an officer to find out whether a car is an import or not...

All it takes is;

"Can I have a PNC vehicle check, VRM "##53 ###" Please? "

And thats you done for failing to display a numberplate, personally i'd give you a VDR form (vehicle defect rectification) the first time, but that'll only work once!

if i were a copper i would just hand out fines left right and centre, because people know they are illegal. I must see 2/3 a day that are illegal, same with window tints. I'd be such a b****** :D

I have heard somewhere or other that the size of the plate is irrelevant, as long as the characters are regulation sized, spaced and the correct text then they will be legal, but don't take it as gospel, it's just what I'd heard.

well i wont be coming up barnsley then..i hear thers a rite pedentic copper up there :D catch a REAL criminal lol

Let me know when you get the plates Rik, if they're good quality then I'm ordering myself some import plates, mine just looks daft with UK plates on.

Lol Rik i've not got my driving ticket yet so unless I see you when I'm on foot patrol or get the driver to pull you up your safe...

Alot of coppers tend to overlook illegal plates but more of us are taking it seriously now, illegal plates can't be read by ANPR systems, the systems developed do combat terrorism, so if you've got an anpr system in your police car and it show's no insurance/mot/disco driver (all favourites for criminal gangs and terrorists) then you can pull them up and enquire further. So if we see an illegal plate or no plate or a dodgy plate then were inclined to pull them up and check anyway, which just means more hassle for you and less time for us to catch 'real' criminals :p

Hehe.

So does this ANPR systems only read UK plates?
If so, thats bit silly as does that mean cops will be pulling import cars because the system can't read it's details?

sonic said:
Let me know when you get the plates Rik, if they're good quality then I'm ordering myself some import plates, mine just looks daft with UK plates on.

it came today.but nobody was in :( i have to pick it up from the depot tomorow so i will let you know

Back