The Plan

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
The car "Putt Putt" is a daily driver, it is dead straight now, painted in 2pac, and the plastics will be painted soon as i get a new rear SupS bumper, car has king springs and new shocks and i just got 14s for it which will get 185/55/14s this week

I am going to be the owner of an n14 wreck soon which i am getting the front discs from to match up to the disc brake rear end and larger SupS booster sitting in my shed. I also intend to use the gearbox for longer legs as my car does alot of highway driving, provided the driveshafts are not to hard/expensive to sort out

Engine wise is what im trying to sort out in my head, i already have extactors, larger exhaust, and pod filter.
The next stage im planning is ga15 thr/body(already got), bigger injectors(thought i was going to use the ga16 ones but just read that only the uk ones fit??), and reground cams, I intend to use my std bottom end as it doesnt use oil/blow smoke and i have two spare ones

does anybody have any advice on the cams or injectors it would be greatly appreaciated, or if you see any other holes in my plan could you point them out

thank you... Rudy

Attachments

• 72068.jpg
    72068.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 41

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
I did some research awhile back and it all come down to how much moola u willing to spend. Money money money.

Well for a start, assuming that this is your daily driver and u do alot of highway driving ur number one concern is reliability. The most reliable method is to follow the $1500 tuning artile and then spend the rest of ur money on suspension wise and be happy with that. If u want something quicker buy a faster car.
I wouldnt bother with the pulsaar gearbox..read somewhere its like 2k for custom shafts eek

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"i should be able to get some black UK GA16 injectors rudy (they,re usually £5 - £10 each depending which yard)

and cant you get the cams ground in AU ?

id love some help with the injectors thanks frank, will contact u soon
Mimz WROTE:

"I did some research awhile back and it all come down to how much moola u willing to spend. Money money money.

Well for a start, assuming that this is your daily driver and u do alot of highway driving ur number one concern is reliability. The most reliable method is to follow the $1500 tuning artile and then spend the rest of ur money on suspension wise and be happy with that. If u want something quicker buy a faster car.

I wouldnt bother with the pulsaar gearbox..read somewhere its like 2k for custom shafts eek

happy as with my suspension, a pnhard rod and rear swaybar is all i have planned, not selling my micra, all the work is done by me with a little help from friends, I have grown to love my quirky little car. the driveshafts your talking about were made to handle 150hp werent they?(blue monster)

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
i've got a nismo rear swaybar for sale Rudy - will also have a whiteline panhard available soon when i get around to installing this nismo rose-joint panhard i have... doubt u will require any gearbox/shafts upgrades if u keep it NA... only shafts that u'd wanna upgrade would be the camshafts IMO

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Rudy, do you know what final drive ratio that n14 box is?
The one i have is a 4.1, and the micra is a 3.9, so the car will rev higher in top gear, that saying that the 5th gear ratio is the same as the k11. But from memory the n14 has a closer 3rd,4th and 5th so it may not be any use to you! Does anyone know what the pulsar revs at 100klm with the factory 14" wheels?
And we need to get hold of some factory lsd boxes! :)

Back