issue with remote central locking, can anyone help?

Ok, so I just bought a 2001 plate K11 and the remote locking has a strange problem.

Basically, when the doors are locked pressing the unlock button unlocks the doors but only for a split second before they quickly lock again. Happens every time. The only way to get into the car is manually turning the key in either front door (the car's a 5 door) but even then only that door will unlock. On my previous micra all the doors unlocked if using the key in either of the front doors.

Anyone have any ideas?

I done a quick search for a way to re program the fob (vaguely recall reading it on a thread a while back) but couldn't find where it went.

I'm hoping that re programming the fob will sort out the issue, but if not, what else might be the problem?

thanks for any help :)

no it's not in the wrong section....... i would try and help but honestly havent got a clue how to (never really had r/c/l)

Hey.

I doubt very much this is a problem with the fob. The fobs works as it's opens the door all be it for a split second. So it's talking to the car. I believe the problem is a broken door latch that isnt fully unlocking for some reason and locking it's self again.

I had this on my KIA and a friends BMW exact same problem and both were a broken latch mech.

Hope this will help you narrow it down.

Cheers

yeah, actually i think you're right. I've checked the doors again and all the doors lock when the key is used in the passenger door.

I reckon its the mech in the driver's side door.

thanks for your suggestions

Back