Central Locking help!!!

Hi

I have a 52 plate 5 door with the remote locking. When I press the key fob, the doors open as they should, but instantly relock. If I open the front door with the key, only the driver's door opens. If I open the doors from inside with any of the other interior nobs, except the driver's, they all open.

I've tried my spare key, but that is the same, so the issue is the car, not the fob.

Any ideas? Being a gal, I'm not too up on electrical problems!

Thanks

Dawn

Hi Dawn

Mine does exactly the same thing, I think its a problem in the passengers door, but since someone ran into it and wrote the door off I have not investigated any further. With mine if you unlock from inside ( it auto locks when going over a bump ) only the drivers door unlocks, but if you hold the passenger internal lock lever as it jumps through the lock/ unlock cycle all doors stay unlocked although again they can and will lock at any time. When I first got this car, first frosty morning unlock car , start engine , get out to scrape windows, shut door to keep warmth in and the sinking feeling as the door shuts and I remembered that I had used the plip and not the key so car locked engine running DOH!

I had decided that maybe a bit of lubricant in the door lock mechanism will cure it but I have not got there yet. And I suppose I have got used to it now and play the game with my passengers will they get their hand on the handle before it locks again...............sad I know but it passes for entertainment up here.

David

Back