Is this a Stoopid thing to do??

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
I bought a new cd player for my car. has 4 x 40W .. so i bought some 45W kenwood speakers and put them in the front and then put the old speakers in the back so i had 4 speakers... went to my bedroom to listen to cd.. and BANG.. my hi-fi blew up.. joy!! .. so i thought. my hi-fi has some very tasty speakers so i thought for a laugh i would put them in the boot and see what it sounds like.. played with the settings on the stereo for a min or two. and OMG. it sounds AWESOME!! the front speakers give perfect mid/high sounds and the back are bass/mid/high speakers from my hi fi so i get perfect crystal clear sound from them. they are 150W a peice and as my stereo is only 40W each channel i can put it up to full and get no distortion (but one hell of a head ache).. now.. is this really stupid and chav like.. or is it a good idea? the sound is what you can expect from a £450 home hi-fi system and with these speakers in my tiny car its awesome!

this is where you realise how much more efficient most home speakers are than car speakers... The thing is though you'll be lucky if those speakers are actually getting near 10w let alone the quoted 45.... (Due to them being 8ohm and the headunit manufactuer lying about it specs)

CHAV!!!!

but besides that they do work, but remember that home hifi speakers are 8ohms and car ones are 4 ohms,

Just a tip for the future, i didnt read your post cause it has no paragraphs. I'm not being a grammar nazi, it just gives me a sore head reading that.

I didnt realise about the Ohms thing.. although i knew that 45W on the box might only be 10-20 rms. but ah well they sound absolutly amazing!!

ED - your right, home speakers are so much better... why is that?? why dont drivers just rip apart home speakers and put them in? (they are cheaper as well)

Allan - looks V crap as they are just lying in the boot. but the car is bog standard and im not gonna be showing it at shows/meets.. never the less i will get some photos for ya..

I done this when I bought my headunit just to test that the wiring was all correct. It did sound good, but I would much prefer some JBL Subs and 6x9's instead of throwing in some book shelf's... wouldn't you?

Lol you see on pimp my ride that people have done this, and the guys just love ripping them out! hehe.

thekore- yup very true, but. they all cost money and these were, in escence, free!! they have as much bass as a low end sub and the mid range of decent 6x9's and its crystal clear at full volume (and for an est 10W rms its DAMN loud!!!! even shouting at someone in the passenger seat isnt enough for them to get what your saying!)

Arnold said:
Lol you see on pimp my ride that people have done this, and the guys just love ripping them out! hehe.

You see alot of odd and unbelievable things on that show! some really good outcomes tho.

Courior - In that case then I dont see any down sides of using them, other than loosing boot space. :)

Back