How to fit Infinity 6x9 stealthily without anyone knowing....

Im trying to keep my car looking standard and stealthy... I like being able to park anywhere and not worrying about chavs admiring my car. That does not mean I am going to put up with crap sound quality though. The standard speakers on the rear shelf were frankly terrible.

So, I decided to change things... I removed the rear speakers. I think doing that took a few kilos of weight off the car. God knows how many frigging bolts were used!

In the rear shelf I have mounted some rather good Infinity 6x9's. But wait, they are bigger and heavier than the old speakers, with no way to mount them? So, what I did was to mount them under the shelf, with holes cut just big enough to give the cones room to breathe... I used the original wiring, and a spot of solder after I cut off the Nissan plugs and made the connections to the speakers secure.

After that, I used 2 strips of velcro to fasten the original covers back onto the shelf. Looks totally standard!

The perfect crime.

When I took the car in to get a new head unit and alarm today, the guy tried to sell me rear speakers while he was pricing the job, and was pretty shocked when I popped the boot open and he saw what was hidden.

All I have to do now is not blast the tunes within a mile of my house and nobody will know what lies inside.

What I did in my old HRV to hide the subwoofer :):

p1070848f.jpg

It looks like a part of the interior :)
Currently the sub is in my k11, under passenger seat, still with camouflage :):)

I've just installed 6x9 speakers on my K12s parcel shelf, and I must say I am VERY conscious to where I park my car and I do panic a lot more. I was thinking of making covers out of black mesh and using a pair of tights to make them blend in abit better, then tint the windows...

Try searching for how to make a stealth shelf. Think there's a good one on the Corsa forums.

Back