Is there an upgrade to the k11 Heater Resistor Card?

Hi, my first post here so please forgive my Micra ignorance but is it worth replacing my heater resistor card for another one as mine doesnt work. The obvious answer is yes but i'm feeling a little apprehensive about spending £15 on a new one from ebay as the one I alrteady had looked like it had been struck by lightening. Solder splatters everywhere and multiple burn marks on the majority of the circuits. If I buy a new one won't it just do the same to the new one? and why would they suffer such a dramatic fate. The fan still works ok, so i'm unsure. Any advice please.

Hi, my first post here so please forgive my Micra ignorance but is it worth replacing my heater resistor card for another one as mine doesnt work. The obvious answer is yes but i'm feeling a little apprehensive about spending £15 on a new one from ebay as the one I alrteady had looked like it had been struck by lightening. Solder splatters everywhere and multiple burn marks on the majority of the circuits. If I buy a new one won't it just do the same to the new one? and why would they suffer such a dramatic fate. The fan still works ok, so i'm unsure. Any advice please.
I bought a new resistor card 2 years ago, about £6 on ebay or ali-express. But its blown again so after repairing it 2 weeks ago its gone again. When I bought the card they sent me the wrong one, its a common type used on many cars, see photos. So I got the plastic connector off the pins with a heat gun and hack saw and bent the pins out to fit the micra connector. I tested it out and although it's not perfect I have a 2 lower speeds than full or off I had with broken card. I had to file the slot out under the passenger side dash so the bigger resistor would fit in. I put the pins through original card connector to hold it in. All seems to be working ok. The lower speed will stop the windscreen misting up and not be so noisy. The only info I have about the green resistor is the box it came in shown in photos.

Attachments

• 20231214_153148.jpg
    20231214_153148.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20231214_154417.jpg
    20231214_154417.jpg
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20231214_160948.jpg
    20231214_160948.jpg
    900.6 KB · Views: 23
Back