Where is the heater resistor card?

So my K11 2001 Micra heater only works on the last setting. A google search reveals this is a blown resistor card.
I've read a few threads but I still cannot find where it is. I tried taking out the glove box today but couldn't see anything. Does the whole dash need to come out?

Please bear in mind, I am a complete newbie to mechanics!

Harker

Found it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,121
U can fix that by lightly sanding off the burnt/corroded tracks till it exposes some bare metal, then carefully re-establish the path with a fine tip conductive silver pen from Maplin.

Welcome to the forum btw ;)

So when I took it out I thought the blob of solder just needed to be redone. I scraped it back and tested all the circuits. Turns out the fault was lower down where the metal wires had started to burn and corrode. Tried soldering a wire onto the gap which fixed one of them, but then parts of the circuit next to it went.

The heater now works on three out of four settings. Good result!

Unfortunately I think the wire will fall off if I solt it back into the holder so I'm going to try the scrap yard for a cheap replacement. If they have none I think I'll try the conductive pen!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,623
soldering on such thin fragile circuit is abit tricky imo cos real easy to simply overheat the thin strip right off the board plus the wire itself would change the resistance abit.
conductive paint in a pen is soo much easier and reliable to get right. check ebay for some cheap ones perhaps.
the resister card is essentially like the rear demister, so a demister repair kit also does the same thing.

Nothing wrong with soldering it, and the resistance shouldn't be affected too badly if it's only a short break!
Use a glass fibre pen to clean the ends of the break, quickly (should only take 3-4 seconds) tin both ends with a flux core solder, and solder the wire on :) If it's a VERY short break, I'd even try and bridge the short with a solder bridge
tools_Solder_Bridge.jpg

Back