is the sh## starting to hit the fan ?

layed off

i was there 18 months, was promised the earth by them and sh*t on,the most disorganised place to work, so trying to get back into bodyshop work people always crash lol

Yeah i heard about that - wasnt it a year or so ago though? They scrambled fighters but the russians didnt respond.

yes, as i live in grimsby and work in lincoln near raf waddington we heard alot about it. two eurofighter typhoon's were scrabled and scared off two migs and a nuclear bomber (athough not carrying anything) cheeky bleeding russians..lol:grinning:

i work for nissan we are taking more people on all the time so no not really , shop prices are like what poole dorset was in 2003 lol gosh knows what poole is paying at the moment being a tourist town and all... :D

I cannot say enough how much i hate the train service within the UK. They are very expensive, always late, changes to bloody bus service without warning, cancel service without warning, trains are filthy and so are the stations! :down:

I hope the £30bn can bring improvement but it will mean years of delays due to maintainence work :down:

In addition, i dont want to sound selfish sort of thing but the economy collapsing means a glimmer of hope for us first time buyers to be able to get on the property ladder. But it looks as if i have to wait for a few more years for it come down to a reasonable price!

and i wish to point out the share-ownership schemes for first time buyers are rubbish! lol

That's the fault of the TOCs (train operating companies) not Network Rail, the TOCs run the trains, stations, etc.

What do you want? Brand new railway which means it'll be faster, cleaner, easier to maintain or would you rather still ride on the 100 year old + railway that we currently have? Your choice.

92% of trains are currently on time, which is the highest its ever been, in 180 years of rail travel.

That's the fault of the TOCs (train operating companies) not Network Rail, the TOCs run the trains, stations, etc.

What do you want? Brand new railway which means it'll be faster, cleaner, easier to maintain or would you rather still ride on the 100 year old + railway that we currently have? Your choice.

92% of trains are currently on time, which is the highest its ever been, in 180 years of rail travel.

oh i prefer the new one obviously!

But how late is late? i dont know if this is true but Top gear once pointed out that if UK trains are within 10 minutes after arrival time they are still considered to be on time whilst other countries logically think 1 minute is late. Going with this claim the trains on time will be far lower than 92%. fwn

At least you will be entitled to a (small) payout which will ease the pain slightly.

My mates in other trades have siad that work is drying up so seems that people are feeling thepinch and paying off their debts before buying luxuries.

Craig

At least you will be entitled to a (small) payout which will ease the pain slightly.

Yeah will be small and may get me through the worst of it. May just get me though the worst of it. Cancel car insurance and live on bare minimuim (private work might help a bit).

i take what i said about them taking people on all the time seems as tho the people who arent perminant have just been told that their future is uncertain :S , nissan barcelona have just laid off 1600 people and gone on two shifts... hope the petrol price lowering to 97.9p a litre helps !

i take what i said about them taking people on all the time seems as tho the people who arent perminant have just been told that their future is uncertain :S , nissan barcelona have just laid off 1600 people and gone on two shifts... hope the petrol price lowering to 97.9p a litre helps !

sunderland is closing for 2 week,s (oct/nov) innit, then running short time ?

not that ive heard lol but you never know with nissan the press know before we do!

we were told nissan sunderland is fine and coping well with the crisis and then we were told that?hopefully things will turn out ok

right!lol , i wasnt told because it wont affect me , i work on the quashquai line , im sure we will be told when we get in as this might affect our preduction

I just started a job at Siemens in Lincoln, on an apprentaship scheme, they were originally hiring 12 but only hired 4 in the end. They pay for a lot of stuff for me, travel too and from Uni down in London (do a HND then BA alongside working full time) and they pay for the uni fees and towards living fees, so they had to really think about what they are doing this year; travel-lodges instead of 4* hotels now unfortunately :(

Luckily I do have a salary for the next three years, which is pretty sweet - though I think I'm selling my Micra 'cuz I simply don't use it up here in Lincoln, plus my insurance is now pushing £1600 as I live in a high risk area "/

But overall my money should be safe, just gutted for all you lot who aren't so lucky :(

Would any of this happened if the people in charge of money (which, let's all remember, isn't actually real, it's all just made up!) hadn't panicked a few months ago and started selling everything!

I just thank goodness I'm a teacher and while we might be getting screwed by under-inflation pay rises, we're not alone and the chances of me being made redundant are practially nil. Unless someone starts culling all the children to save money. I hope they don't, for a number of reasons.

The best jobs to be in at the moment are things like teaching, police, medicine etc. Anything paid for by taxes basically.

I dunno if what Gord is doing will help, but at least he's doing something. And as long as the government keeps spending money on building new hospitals and schools and stuff, then they should keep some jobs in place.

The thing I don't understand is, that, in the summer, the Government was saying "Oh, we can't slash the tax on petrol, we'd have no money." But where have these billions of pounds come from to help bail out the banks? Because if it's just made up money the government are hoping to have, then surely we're back to square one?

Well I work for the NHS. The unit I work on is £45K overspent this financial year already. So they have frozen job vacancies frozen overtime and agency use and are looking at redeploying (getting rid of) at least 4 members of staff.

Take into account though that two managers recently had to re-apply for their jobs, as we were merged with another unit, they both failed the interview and rather than demote them, two jobs were created for them at the same pay level they are at now(hmm I wonder why we are overspent??)

The millions spent on agency staff by public bodies is a frightening waste of public money.

And from an insurance perspective.. luckily we are one of the last industries to be touched by any credit crunch/resession but we have noticed a lot of people swapping the performance cars for run abouts... cant blame them rally, I'm using my Fiesta much more than the MR2 at the moment because of fuel bills.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

my mate walked in to his bank and was offered a 15k loan i was like y i !lol no sign of the credit crunch there lmao, that was hbos an all!didnt think they could lol

Banks are giving out loans because they will make there money back + more. Have you seen how high the rates are? They have doubled in the past year.

They aren't giving out mortgages that easily though

my work is not doing very well at the moment (furanture movals), hardly getting any work. like iam only working 3times a week, doing 3 jobs a day max! also its that bad me and the boss are doing a secondry job doing double glazing to try and get some work...

although furanture movals are apprently busy near christmas time...

double glazing has collapsed mate, like it did in the early 90's. We are lucky enough to have council contracts that guarantee a minimal level of work. Still have 4 vans off the road redundant. I wouldn't rely on the double glazing as a fall back plan :/

double glazing has collapsed mate, like it did in the early 90's. We are lucky enough to have council contracts that guarantee a minimal level of work. Still have 4 vans off the road redundant. I wouldn't rely on the double glazing as a fall back plan :/

I can throw bricks through peoples windows if you want... for a small fee ;)

Back