22 09 2010 March Meeting in Shiba - Experience of a life

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
5036197197_3cdda33d04_b.jpg

Hi everyobdy, this is my report from the March meeting I wen to during my trip to Japan.

I entered in contact with Miyoshi san, the manager of the March meetings thanks to our member McKenzie. Thanks again mate !

Miyoshi told me they had a meeting not long time ago before I went, but that it was not a problem,he will make another one especially for me precising on his website there will be a french fan guest.
I was a little worried if people would come (japanese people are SO shy) but few days before the meeting day, he emailed me and told there will be 30 March ! The hype started there :D

The D day, Miyoshi san and his brother went at my friends location in his 1992 K11, and took us for a trip to Shiba, on a CAREST car park, a Nissan owned auto shop (he called and asked the shop before, so some car parks had been reserved especially for us). The weather was really bad (lot of rain) these days. But March were there for GOOD :D

5036814206_d8d74e7631_b.jpg

5036816756_cb901b8cc6_z.jpg

5036196335_565ae3c207_b.jpg

And they kept on arriving, one by one, I was recognizing their engines sound :D A lot of K11 (Cabriolets
5036318537_d3e881e0ab_b.jpg

, Box
5036937276_d19a3e5b80_b.jpg

, Tommy Kayra) and some nice K12.
Some people were coming from long distances, some had took a free day at job in order to come, I was really honored. Everybody introduced himself and his March talking in the megaphone, including I, where I was from, what were my K11 specs etc, it was funny. Miyoshi brother, Akihiro did an impressive japanese to english translation, thanks to him !
100923321.jpg

After that, it was lunch time, we went to restaurants, in a ramen, with "all you can eat noodles", talking about March, delicious :D
100923571.jpg

Back from restaurant, with umbrellas unfortunately, it was questions time, I asked general questions, talked about Micra in Europe (I talked about many Micra club, including Micra org UK off course, explaining them I was obliged to make my shopping here because in France there is only crap diesel Clio/Saxo/random french crap parts, they laughed hard), that Micra wasn't really a "fashionable" car there, but we didn't care, they explaining me that in Japan neither, but it was considered as a fine, robust, cheap and reliable car they were loving, I guess it's an international shared feelings !

Few people even wanted to give me gift: March model kits ! I was honored but couldn't accept ! Very kind of them!
100923641.jpg

I explained them the difference between our Micra and their March like the boot, door handles, and that they have features/optional parts we never had. They explained me pre facelift were sold there until 97, I told them mine was a 98 prefacelift. On the other hand 90% of japanese cars are automatic gearbox, but there was at least 6 people with manual.

Then nearly everybody showed me their car in details, they shared informations with great pleasure; showing me inside interiors, engines bays, I've seen some terrific turbo setups:
5036196753_979a791634_b.jpg

100923601.jpg

some 1.6 engine swapped:
100923631.jpg

Some beautiful classy Tomy interiors:
5036197837_e5bdfa57a4_b.jpg

5036937614_1337d040ee_b.jpg

Before leaving, I for coming and for their warm welcome, and asked them to keep on loving March, that is was important !

5036814522_f5e0431c5a_b.jpg

Goodbye dream team ! Thanks again to everybody who made this particulary day possible, we will meet again !

5036197539_40d3544b81_b.jpg

Awesome pic's, looks like you had a great time Seb :)! That supercharger on the dark blue K11 is DROOLicious!

Wow thats truly awesome! Well done Seb, thanks for the delicious pics.

Why does nothing like this happen in the UK:laugh:

awesome stuff and you are welcome mate. really wanna go to japan even more now. any advice?
btw this beast is supercharged, never seen it before. top pics(Y)
5036196753_979a791634_b.jpg

Thanks mates

Colli:

Why does nothing like this happen in the UK
You are quite plenty enough in the UK to be able to do meetings like this.
There is no that many K11 on the japanese roads nowadays, I bet there is more in UK roads actually. But the guys are true ENTHUSIASTS, they take a few hour of their time, they are well organized. Seriously, YES YOU CAN. In france for example, it will really never happen, but there is SAXO meetings...

altered-beast_RISE.jpg

Rise from your grave !

That supercharger one looks like it would take about 10 mins to fit...wonder what sc it uses, as you'll probably not get any more compact.

Good pics there and write up. Gotta give a nod to the members of the Japanese club for putting in the effort to show you around. (Y)

Back