iPod Touch In Car

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Recently i purchased a iPod Touch,so i re-fitted my headunit (iPod compatible) and some speakers. When the car is on/running it works fine. When i turn the ignition off and the iPod off,when i switch it back on the iPod then plays from the beginning (in this case,it was playing the songs in alphabetical order) Which soon becomes very frustrating as i've then got to scroll through the play list using the headunit.

Is there a way to stop this happening? So when ever i turn on the iPod again,it carries on playing?

It carries on playing fine if the Ignition is switched off and the iPod left switched on. But doesnt when both are off

Firstly is the HU wired correctly, i.e. the unit remembers radio settings etc. It could also be the HU, as some cheaper units don't have the facility to read the last played track from the ipod.

Put it on shuffle and its cured the problem,but its weird that the 1st track is always the same (funnily enough the first track if it was A-Z)

I had a similar prob with my head unit. You need to check the wiring. There are two wires that power up your HU and you have to just swap them over. One of them is a constant positive, don't know if I say it right. Do you want me to do some picture of them to show you?

im now 100% how the ipod touch works but with my ipod i just pause the song and it turns itself off (when leaving the car). so when i go back in the car i press the play button twice and it resumes from where it was

I've got a Kenwood W6541P. I know vauxhall's need have the red and yellow wires swapped over to keep the memory. But i've never had any issues with this in my Micra (or Polo)

Back