internet problems- network address?

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I'm trying to connect my laptop to an internet connection and having some trouble, this computers connected fine on the network.

I can connect to the connection, but get told it has limited or no connectivity because the network did not assign a network address to the computer.

Similarly on my xbox, i can't connect to live as the network won't give me an IP address?

Any ideas?

your wireless router probebly has a firewall built into it. is it a belkin? cos you might need to log onto your router online and reset it to releve it of the firewall.
failing that, is it wep encrypted and have you got the network key?

im having the same problem with my pc logging onto the network but not allowing acces to the default gateway.
but my PS3 never ever has a problem and can even give me 3 options for wireless networks from down the street too.,..lol

Could be a number of things. Is it your router?

DHCP server or Mac address filter is the 2 things I'd look for.

Can you give us more information on what brand it is, and whether it's your router, and you have admin access to it?

The probable cause is that the DHCP server is down, in which case you can access your router's firmware and either restart the DHCP server, or just turn your whole router off and on again.

Router is a Siemens Gigaset SE587

How would i enable the DCHP server? If you hgadn't guessed, i dont have much idea what I'm doing!

Rob has it suddenly stopped working?

What does your network look like?

cable modem ----------- router ------------- pc ?

Try typing this address into your internet browser:

If you get a screen asking you to log on, using:
admin
for both the username and password (this is if you haven't changed them at all)

In on of the menu's, will be something to do with DHCP servers. Make sure this is on.

Nope, I've moved house and trying to connect to the network!
I'll have a go a bit later, cheers for the help so far :)

what does your network look like? What internet connection are you trying to use? Its guess work without knowing the situation...

DHCP is enabled.

The router's not connecting to a pc anywhere, this laptops working through wireless, neither mine or my girlfriends will connect though.

Connections Tiscali, will have to check for more details when someone else is home that knows!

Typing 192.168.1.1. into the address bar I had a look around, and someone's changed the passcode from the WEP printed on the router to something else, girlfriends connected now, just to test mine!

All done!

Back