Internal's

Bit of a odd and dumb question.

I want to know how much power and pressure a standard CG engine and gearbox can take??

I know i ran 123.5 Hp on my 998cc with no problems

But how about Throttle bodies?? Will the standard internals cope well or will they blow rings e.c.t e.ct

I know throttle bodies wont produce a massive amount of power but they certainly produce a good amount of Torque.

Anyone that can help that would be great.

Jas :blues:

Bit of a odd and dumb question.

I want to know how much power and pressure a standard CG engine and gearbox can take??

I know i ran 123.5 Hp on my 998cc with no problems

But how about Throttle bodies?? Will the standard internals cope well or will they blow rings e.c.t e.ct

I know throttle bodies wont produce a massive amount of power but they certainly produce a good amount of Torque.

Anyone that can help that would be great.

Jas :blues:

I can't answer the gearbox question, as I have not run a forced induction engine yet but I can confirm that throttlebodies do make a surprising difference. They do add a little torque in terms of peak numbers but it's more about where the torque is made. Throttlebodies really help to beef up the upper midrange and top end torque, (camshaft choice dependant), but their strength really lies in the top end, (head flow dependent).

Thanks for that dude........All my setup consits of is a set of GSXR throttle bodies...2mm Head skim and standard internals but on a 60,000 mile engine and 55,000 mile gearbox.

We are guna run mega-squirt as its simple to use....cheap to buy and add ons are off the shelf...like trigger wheels e.c.t e.c.t

Back