Wiper Problems - Intermittant Wiper not working

Hi everybody,

on my 1999 Micra K11 LHD (1st Facelift), the intermittant wiper stoped working. All other "normal" wiper speeds are working fine. If i pull the stork the pump is working, but the wipers do not move. Rear wiper is fine, too.

I already searched for the "Wiper Amplifier" but did not find it near the wiper motor. Can you guys tell me where to search? Or maybe its another fault?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Berlin/Germany.

Matthias

hi this is a real easy fix. Put your ignition on, put lever onto intermittent under your bonnet then squeeze the wire up under the little black box that is on your bulkhead . it will be to the right of the chassis number. Your wipes should start now and work as normal. Now, squeeze the wire and put a cable tie vertically around the little box. Hey presto ....fixed

Hi blanes,

thanks for your reply, but have no little black box on the bulkhead near to the plate with the chassis number. The cable from the wiper motor splits to the pump and then goes straight through the bulkhead.

Is the little black box the "Wiper amplifier"? Where to look on a facelift model?

Hi, never heard it called and amplifier before. Its a relay, ie, a switch that clicks on and off and switches a voltage. I've attached a photo of where it should be on a k11 99. If it hasn't got one, then that is very strange, or someone has taken it off.

Attachments

• micra 99.jpg
    micra 99.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 2,021
Hi,

sorry for my late response. Thank you for the picture, but i dont have this little black box (see attached pictures). I already testet another stork - still the same problems. Any more ideas, anyone?

IMG_20140802_174918.jpg IMG_20140802_174922.jpg IMG_20140802_174943.jpg

Back