intermittent beep with driver door open, no lights on.

CMF_warneschristopher

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

I have just bought a 1997 1.3 Micra GX 3dr (UK) and am happy with it apart from one concern. When I have the driver side door open and no key in the ignition there is an intermittent beep. It has been suggested that it is to inform me that the door is open, but I can find no reference to this in the Owners Manual. I used to drive an older, 1993 1.3 LX Micra and that had a constant beep when the driver's door was open with no key in the ignition but with the lights still on. This intermittent beep happens if the lights are on or off, and doesn't change to a constant beep when the lights are left on.

Is the beep correct, and is indeed simply informing my that the door is open, or should it only sound when I have left my lights on, implying a slight electrical fault somewhere?

Many thanks for any help.

Cheers
Chris

CMF_warneschristopher

» CMF Member
Hi there,

I don't think it does. The key's are chipped which are part of a NATS immobiliser I believe, but I'm fairly sure that its manufacter fitted - a likely source of the beeping? There is a flashing red LED next to the Hazard Warning light button to indicate the immobiliser is on, which turns off when the ignition is on.

Cheers

Chris

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
Got NATS on mine, with the LED next to the hazard lights. No beeping here when I open the door.

Strange one this is.

Perhaps the lights on beeper is faulty and is just doing strange things?

If you dont get a constant beep with the lights on and the door open then the unit is more than likely faulty, I think its located under the steering columb but cant be 100% sure.

CMF_warneschristopher

» CMF Member
cheers for the help guys. the beeping doesn't change to a constant beep when the lights are left on, which made me think it might be more a fault than a feature.

there is no keyless locking, or central locking unfortunately.

thanks again

chris

Back