Headlight Warning beep?

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
you know when you open the door with your lights on it beeps? (talking k11 here)
well i tracked it down to a little yellow box behind the shelf under the steering wheel.

now the beep sound sucks so i went to a scrappy and got a chiming one out of a hiyundi accent *spelling

i thought that it would be a straight swap because all it needs to chime it 12v and i thought that was what the other one did as well but when i got a multimeter on it the negative wire actually pulses. so all the little yellow box did was make a constant beep sound and with the negative pulsing on and off it made a beep beep sound....

i need to find out what makes the negative wire pulse. i'm assuming it will be a relay somewhere but i can't follow it becasue it goes right inside the dash...

and the haynes manual doesn't even show it grr

anyone know where this wire goes or where this relay is?

any info would be loads of help thanks ppl :)

how about put the existing wire into a connector block and taping it up using insulation tape then run a small wire through to the chassis of the car :D that might work :)

well the problem is that i need a signal that is only on when the headlights are on and the doors are open. but the only signal is this pulsing earth wire....

the other wire is a constant 12V+

so i have to find what in the micra wiring is making is making it pulse... there should be a signal wire that activates a relay similar to a flasher relay which then switches the negative on and off but i don't know where it is....

so i need to know where the relay is so that i can cut it out of the loom... oh and before my MOT which is in a week Argh!

anyone know if it's a relay or where it is?

You dont need a buzzer to tell you that your lights are on when your door is open for your mot.. fyi

I am pretty sure it's a square wave form, i think now it is a transistor rather than a relay...

thanks i found out that it was not needed for the MOT but i thought while i'm fixing up the car i might as well sort it...

my next plan is to bypass the wire by taking the negative straight from the door switch and the positive from the footwell neons...

it should work because the door switches are 0v and wired in parallel (thank the multi meter)

but i don't like leaving old unused loom in the car so it would be nice to track down this transistor/Relay thing...

haha yea well the wires go up behind the dash and i don't have time to take out the dash at the moment....

for those who are interested, i solved the problem by hardwiring the door switch to the bleeper and then to the lights...

and noticed for the first time that the back doors don't have switches on them and the two front door switches are isolated from each other some how... mistery???

Thanks for your help guys :)

Back