intermitant wipers 4 ur LX

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
checked out lots of past threads concerning wipers and seems everybody thought it was to hard to hook up intermitant wipers to their LX's, just letting everyone know it can b done and it aint to complicated, now i have my intermitants and pintara? switch(l/h side). Going out now to solder them up and i will post the wiring diagram later 2nite

ps....do SLX's have intermitant wipers?

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"i think none of the aus micra have intermitent wipers....not sure with super s<BR><BR>so you only need the left side switch?<BR><BR><BR>

have been running N13 base, N14 blinker switch & pintara? wiper switch for ages now, just needed to fit intermitant wiper relay, now it is all working properly https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/57135
Greo WROTE:

"SuperS have them well mine does. It used to **** me in my lx in light rain not having the intermitant option.

know what u mean
LowMicra WROTE:

"Interment meaning like wiper, 5-8secs pass, wiper?

yea Low, I have a different question for you, you own a n13, do u know were your intermitant wiper relay/timer is? Its a three speed one

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
first u need the relay?/timer from a sup.s or slx. Its under the bonnet near wiper motor

Attachments

• 66168.jpg
    66168.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 19

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
i cut the wiring just under the joins, thier are seven wires, lx's had five, join the five to the corresponding colours, you are now left with two wires pink and brown, using some new wires extend these through firewall and to your switches. i cut up an old plug to get a terminal to fit in plug to correspond to the extra lug in your new switch, this is where the brown wire goes, it operates the intermitants. The pink i just cut and spliced in to the existing wire, this is so the intermitant comes on once with the washer pump

so you need

relay/timer
switch with extra speed
wires under relay/timer and wiper motor
extra wire

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"will this fit the aus lx micra?<BR>

not the 95's any way, we have clip in switches, they are screw ins, u could use a n13 base and then use them but u need the other side too, but then u could use aussie switches and put them back on the left side, also having a switch with intermitants but not havin them sux too

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
Nice posts Rudy, my UK LX has them, but my base spec L does not, at some point I will swap 'em over. I was hoping that the wiring would be there just not the hardware - but it seems that I may have to extend the loom as you have done.

Back