Insurance Renewal

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
It's coming up to the time when I will need to renew my insurance, and hopefully I will get my first no claims bonus. Thing is, My insurance doesnt seem to have dropped at all. Ecar (who I'm with now) have even increased my price by £100! I thought I was going to get a decent drop? I'm still looking at £1600 if I pay monthly :(

try elephant im only (well i say only) £1117 on basicly the same car and i have no, no claims (passed in december) and to pay it monthly it was £1456

Admiral, found through go compare. £500 excess. £853 fully comp, and I was hoping my old insurer would beat that.

I assume you have added your parents as named drivers, bought mine down with a bump

wow i feel bad

with adimral on a multi car policy,

i'm 18, had 2 accidents that were ruled to be the other drivers fault,

3rd party fire and theft, me as the named driver,

mods declared ( airbox and alloys )

£440 a year

wow i feel bad

with adimral on a multi car policy,

i'm 18, had 2 accidents that were ruled to be the other drivers fault,

3rd party fire and theft, me as the named driver,

mods declared ( airbox and alloys )

£440 a year
That's because you're down as the named driver, which if you are actually the main driver is frowned upon very much by insurance companies and they're starting to get wise to.

It's your call but if they find out, they can invalidate your insurance...

http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/cheaper_car_insurance_tips/named_driver_insurance_tricks.htm

Insurance is always a pain come renewal time. I'm 31 and I have problems every year. This year my renewal with Elephant for by bog standard 1996 1.3 GX was more than my policy for my muchly modded SuperS with Sky.

Even asking Sky to quote, who were cheaper, there's only £32 difference between cars!

For a laugh I plugged my details into confused.com and quotes ranged from £290 to well over £1000 for a Group 5 car worth £900, so in short it's a mugs game.

I'm with Admiral this year (was with Elephant last year). They 'accidentally' added a 'non-oem air filter' onto my policy for this year and wanted an extra £38.40 (charging it immediately to my card). I told them to get stuffed (basically) and after 3 letters I've finally got one from the complaints department who are 'investigating the matter'.

£38.40 was 15% of the whole policy cost, and it only cost an extra £20 for declaring all the modifications in the first place?!

I reckon they pull the figures out of thin air ;)

Im with more than. am in 400 odd a year 18 year old no years no claims and on a 2litre redtop corsa with the mods declared cuz i drive a honda accord 07 plate is makes mines cheaper

well when i went to insure it i gave them the reg and it comes up as a 2litre corsa and me on my own was quite dear so i put my old boy on as a named driver which brought i down by a fair bit but they then asked if i had access to any other car so i said yeah explained i drive the honda all the time gave them all the deails of that and thats the price they gave is lol :D

Back