Insurance on Splitters

Do you need to tell your insurance that you have put a splitter on your car? I mean if i put one on and tell them they might think that its some formula 1 style splitter that dramatically increases downforce on the car! and then charge me a fortune

any thing u do on yr car u need 2 tell yr insurance 4 example even if u have a roof rack on yr car that classed as modification on the car and if u dont tell and u have a crash u mite or mite not get insured again

Not sure about splitter, told them about induction kit and that was gonna cost me £62!! Aint told them about spoiler tho, wonder how much u can get away with telling them it was on when ya got the car!?!?

james betley said:
any thing u do on yr car u need 2 tell yr insurance 4 example even if u have a roof rack on yr car that classed as modification on the car and if u dont tell and u have a crash u mite or mite not get insured again

A roof rack??

i wouldn't bother telling them about a splitter mate. i told my insurance company about mine having alloys, induction kit and being lowered, they just said there only concerned about stuff that adds real power, and that they wouldn't cover those items if i crashed.

james betley said:

I dont think a roof rack counts as a modification!

Anything that is a permanent fixture on the car which alters the manufacturers standard specification, I strongly advise you to declare to your insurers. Check with them if you aren't sure to be safe.

splitters with mine are classed as a bodykit so 10% added for each one.. hmm 30% premium gone up now :( but its gotta be done!

Back