insurance on my tints

R

RIK

i gave my insurance a call today to put my window tints on my policy expecting them to say "dont worry about it" or "£10 extra a year" but they have put it up by £20 per month, :O so i cringed and said yes obv cos ther allready fitted!

so for the rest of my year with them (4 month) i will have to pay £210 a month grr,,,yeah i know its stupid and im getting new quotes NOW!

then..lol i asked about fittng bucket seats thinking it would go even more through the roof! and she goes away for 5 mins and comes back on .." thats no problem sir,its not on our list so you dont need to tell us about them" :D
so that made it abit better!

any mod freindly companys you know post em for me! i tried adrian fliux wen i got the car but they said they dont do fully comp :s

First off, name and shame! Who are you with?

Secondly, try Tesco. Did me a brilliant quote when I first insured & added 50 quid a year for 20% engine displacement increase, buckets, loud exhaust, lowered and alloys. Along similar lines, try Asda or Virgin. Because they are just starting to insure things, they want customers so will do better deals. Exactly why I chose Tesco in the first place! :)

Good luck

just been online and norwich union direct (thats who im with) still comes out the cheapest with the same mods..it says £111 a month...lol

wen it runs out and i have 2 year NCB ill renew it online and get it cheaper then

bucket seats do! but they wrnt intersted,,even tho my standard ones have airbags in them

Herr_spl1ff said:
First off, name and shame! Who are you with?

Secondly, try Tesco. Did me a brilliant quote when I first insured & added 50 quid a year for 20% engine displacement increase, buckets, loud exhaust, lowered and alloys. Along similar lines, try Asda or Virgin. Because they are just starting to insure things, they want customers so will do better deals. Exactly why I chose Tesco in the first place! :)

Good luck

Hi mate, off topic, but how much is your insurance a year then?And how old are you. I have the same mods and am wanting cheaper insurance.

I've not declared mine yet and I've had them on for 2 weeks - f*ck paying an extra 20 a month too!

i cant risk taing it for repair..about 2k worth of work with nissan parts! im getting done for free and if they turn around and say "tut tut,,you have tints thats void!" ide cry!!!

What exactly do they class as modifications??

I have a new cd player and subwoofer already (subs not working yet though). What would they class as modifications? and void my insurance should I be of blame in an accident?

I do plan on getting some engine mods in the future, but i need to change my insurance company (currently with liverpool victoria)

m1ck97 said:
What exactly do they class as modifications??

I have a new cd player and subwoofer already (subs not working yet though). What would they class as modifications? and void my insurance should I be of blame in an accident?

I do plan on getting some engine mods in the future, but i need to change my insurance company (currently with liverpool victoria)

best thing to do is give them a call and see wot they say..every company differs and i wouldnt like to say

I am with 1st Answer, they are a brokers. Been with them for 4 years and even with my modded mondeo I was only paying £350 tpft a year with mods declared.

For sound system gear, quite often, if the speakers, subs etc are hidden in the boot, or under seats, or whereever, and if the head unit has a removable front, they won't add anything to your premium.
As I say, though, thats only the case with a few people I know. Always double check.

my insurance has just been renewed, i declared mods and i got a bargain to be fair im 19 with 1 years ncb i declared:

limo black tints
induction kit
janspeed tail pipe
16" alloys
lowered 30mm (apex)

on a 1998 1.3 si (Black in colour higher premium again)

i was getting the mick took out of me eg £1400 tpf&t excluding commuting, i coudnt get it lower than £1200, but i went to a company called "premium choice" and insured with them for £865 tpf&t including commuting....
not declaring mods i was getting quotes of £900 (endsleigh) so amazing deal really highly recommended!! also try "redline insurance" they were one of the better and really friendly i thought norwhich union were rubbish i coudnt understant her as it was a indian call centre and SHE TOLD ME OFF FOR HAVING MORE THAN THREE MODS!!!

Britto_1.3Si said:
my insurance has just been renewed, i declared mods and i got a bargain to be fair im 19 with 1 years ncb i declared:

limo black tints
induction kit
janspeed tail pipe
16" alloys
lowered 30mm (apex)

on a 1998 1.3 si (Black in colour higher premium again)

i was getting the mick took out of me eg £1400 tpf&t excluding commuting, i coudnt get it lower than £1200, but i went to a company called "premium choice" and insured with them for £895 tpf&t including commuting not declaring mods i was getting quotes of £900 so amazing deal really highly recommended!! also try "redline insurance" they were one of the better and really friendly i thought norwhich union were rubbish i coudnt understant her as it was a indian call centre and SHE TOLD ME OFF FOR HAVING MORE THAN THREE MODS!!!

do you uhave contacts for them? and do they do online quotes?

adrian flux charged me pretty much the same as standard as with a 1.4 litre engine conversion... surely thats not normal????

I'm with Alan & Alan (LLOYDS I think) and I pay £390 for the year (cos I'm old n married LOL) on a 1.4 K12 and thats with me wife who hasn't passed her test! :wasntme:

sorry to hear about the cost increase mate I would deffo shop around (dont we have a discount set up someware?)

I belive you can insure your ICE on its own and you dont have to tell your car insurance (they will only give you about 300quid for the lot!) I'd check your policy fine print cos they might charge you premium for tellin them but pay out the same! :sick:

Good Luck
Yorkie

with tesco's when i added alloys shocks springs tints air filter roll bars strut brace hmmm not sure what else all at once they ended up adding something like £65 (half of that was the cost of amending the insurance documents) to just add it on rest of my insurance period had bout 4 months left back then so thought about £15 a month which imo wasnt too bad) until my renewal quote came through its double to if the car was std...lol not alot of people would insurance with more than 3mods as soon as they hear ur under21 with a highly modified car n quote their words you become a "high death risk" !!! lol took me ages to even get insurance only like 3 companies would accept me with the mods :( (tesco has £1000 coverage of ice as std on the policy but u have to check ur own documents) i found tesco best for younger drivers if ur after a sports car forget tesco try elephant but btw elephant dont like tints...told me they wouldnt insure after they heard me mention tints

ps i cant remember but i think when i said alloys tints n air filter they didnt really add anything on top of the amendment fee the roll bars shocks n springs did

i got my flux quote back for £1040 and they sed i can get more discount!! probly the 10% from the club :D

thats with 1 year NCB so in jne wen i renew it i will have 2NCB so it will be cheper than that

happy now

I was with LV for 2 years but I moved to A-Plan who were 100 quid less on the Skyline (600 quid fully comp with 300bhp :) ). LV couldn't get near that. It was during my time with LV that they stopped taking on new import policies. They were happy to renew mine with mods though.

Worth trying A-Plan

Back