Insurance CRAZY!

Joe.Powell

Ex. Club Member
Its not just me who thinks they are being picked on is it?

Im currently, 18, Male, living in Dorset (Highcliffe, second oldest population in the world!).

I passed my test first time, with 2 minors, and took pass plus.

My Insurance on my K11 is £1450 with Direct Line, Fully Comp.

So I went looking for other quotes,

Quinn Direct - Got this after seeing moddedmicra with them, paying about £1.2k

And then theres this one.

Performace Direct

Am I going insane?

cheapest quote i got on a standard 1.0 k11 was kwick fit, and that was around £1000 witch isnt too bad, most other quotes i got where £1400+

your lucky when i was 17 the cheapest i was getting was 2800 (leave in a reall messed up place in lond). I then got second drivers with my dad for 800 and that was with 8 years ncb. So i would say thats 1.2k is o.k but still a rip off

Insurance in pretty much any K11 is a rip off. The majority of K11's are worth say under 2000. I'm currently paying 1500 third party on a car worth maybe £800? Why?? Because I have to, but what am I paying for exactly? There's no windscreen cover for me, no roadside recovery thingamy... etc. And I have to pay the first £250 or so of damages. The whole thing is a scam

mate gutted for you,
I was paying £1250 for a 2wd 300bhp calibra turbo and I was unhappy at that!
but now I pay £130 per yr for every day run about with hastings.

To lower a quote do you have the following that you can tell them about;
Fitted alarm and/or immobiliser,
Garaged,
Limited miles per yr,
join the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists),
ask if 60 or 75 percent introductory no claims bonus is available

Or go as a named driver on someone elses policy and build up no claims.

At the end of the day they are selling /providing a service they need our business shop around and dont take the first offer. ask the question is that the best you can do? I always do an internet search first on prices and then call up because speaking to someone they can always advise you on how to get a better deal.

Hope that helps.

If you think thats bad i passed my test at 21, got a 1.1 metro 94, cost me just under a grand to insure third party, bought the car for £150 and had to have £150 compulsory excess! might aswell have been driving round with no insurance! As soon as i got my micra it dropped to £400 for my second year though, so im not gonna complain there, but again i dont get windscreen cover, the only bonus i got was being covered abroad

There are many things to take into consideration when insuring.

At a young age you will always pay a high premium, my 957CC Mk2 fiesta cost me £1400 tpft for the first year back in 1995.

Things to be aware of are, what you put down as your employment, have a look at this http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance-job-picker/

For me I'm a Systems Admin, but I put down Computer Engineer as it lowers my premium without me being untruthful. As long as what you put down relates to what you do you are ok.

Also for me, putting the wife on my car drops my premium a fair bit, even though I've been driving longer than her and have 12 years No Claims bonus. So a female relative e.g. your mum can be worth naming on the policy to drop the price. I know it saved me a bit having my mum named on the policy when I had my K11 through Nissan Insurance.

admiral mateee!!!!

im 19 with a 1.0 k11 all mods declared. /non standard bodykit (supers) lowerd/induction/alloys/tints/interior changes. get it for 820.

this is only for 10 months tho ,but it works out better cuz they give you your no claims after only ten months!!!

it helps if you put your dad or some one alot older on as a named driver, it dropped mine loads, because they think thell drive it aswell ,even if they never do.!!!

and i had pass plus aswell mate. and as usual garaged ect!!!

hope this helps, id deffo give them a try.

https://www2.admiralinteractive.co....tuPakKDlR4Hh4qEzN2Rrkn:-1?reqid=1226496191387

Flatooot!!!

Well, tryed with the parents, My Dads a driving instructor, so claims about every 4 months, belive it or not, poor little Clio gets a right bashing.

And my Mum backed into our gate after an argument, and the cost was a 'insurance right off, or 2nd hand parts'

So they both make the premium go UP! :O

I wanted to start the modding, guess it will be next year before anything happens :(

when i say an older person ur no wantin sumone who claims more than a drunk corsa boy, i mean find sum one , an uncle, ur neebur, anyone with no claims for years and get them as a named driver, itl drop , it worked 4 me.

im with quinndirect im 600 3rd party im 19 and 2 years ncb plus i can drive anyones car on 3rd party and they dont charge you any extra for mods that dont effect you proformance

Are you sure you dont have to be 21 to do that ?

Nope, quinn direct let you, as do some other companies...elephant dont tho :(

BTW with elepant 10month thing, you only get a years no-claims with them, no other company with recognize it as a years no claims
ITS PRETTY MUCH ANOTHER SCAM TO GET YOU TO BUY THEIR POLICY!

^ I think it's the same with the direct line named driver NCB thing. I think I read in the small print somewhere that the NCB only works internally with Direct Line.

DL suck anyway, absolutly no mods for under 25's, and if that NCB thing is true, they're just scamming you out a year of insurance. It is quite cheap though in the scheme of things.

Back