Instrument Cluster

Changed my instrument panel yesterday the temp gauge was giving some problem brought a second hand one from a scrapy it had a rev gauge which is working properly but there is another lug that goes to the gear selector lights in the panel like you selector P the P would light on the inst. panel
How would i wire this where the wires will go.

should be a straight swap. have you got a cluster from a different year?

Nex it fits ok everything works fine but i wanted to wire the gear shift light in the panel (N-CVT,Ds,D,N,R,P)but i dont know where to pick those signals from, i think it should come from the gearbox when i checked my gearbox it had only four wires and 2 for O/drive any ideas

Nex it fits ok everything works fine but i wanted to wire the gear shift light in the panel (N-CVT,Ds,D,N,R,P)but i dont know where to pick those signals from, i think it should come from the gearbox when i checked my gearbox it had only four wires and 2 for O/drive any ideas

ok i don't know much about the autos (cos i hate them lol) but did it normally show that info? or are you planning to put new lights in or something?

the info can be worked out of the ECU but that is really complicated, there should be some wires comming out of the auto box that gives you what you need but i think it does all kinds of other stuff too like, gear box oil level and stuff so you would have to get a manual and work out what wires are what. the only other way that i can think of is to take the shifter and attach some switches to it so that it tells you when it is in gear or something like that.

no probs.

i would assume that the info from the box would be wired the same as the manual just with different names, so if you can get a manual wiring diagram it should give you some clues :)

Back