Installing a Sub in to a k10

alien10

Ex. Club Member
right i need some.

first off a cheap good sub

second, could i take out the spare wheel in the boot, cover over with some mdf and then cut out a hole in the mdf for the sub and wire it up.

iam thinging of using the space for the spare wheel, cos my wife if pregnant and i'l need the space in the boot for when i take the baby out.

so a sub box is out of the question.

at the moment i have a jvc cd player with 2 6" 9"'s in the parcel shelf.

would this work or not

A JBL GT4 would be a good choice of sub for a budget price :)

Yes you can use the spare wheel well, but it needs to be sealed with the mdf mount for the sub to create a sealed box, unless you buy a more expensive sub thats designed to run 'Inifinite Baffle' (IB) where you dont need a sealed or ported sub box.

Best way to do it in a K10 is like this:

0184.JPG

lol :)

Attachments

• 0184.JPG
    0184.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 315
that looks realy good m8

but it wouldn't fit a pram or a push car in would it

plus my wife would kill me for doing it

ok, so next silly question

does the sub have to plug'd in to an amp or can it connect in to the back of the cd player

The sub should be amp'd really! Head units only really do about 15w RMS and subs are alot more than that

Check your head unit has preouts though! will make installing an amp a whole lot easier :)

ok, right not got a clue with fibreglass or in fact installing the sub and amp in to the well, here's the cd player i have JVC KD-G431

here's the manual for it manual does this have what i need to install an amp and sub

does it show it thick at this

Halfords do installations, but its so easy! especially on a K10. I didn't know anything about it until i did my own, and got some advice from here (mostly from retepetsir). You should do a bit of studying! :)

Also check out the Talk Audio forums. They've probably got some tips

Back