sub not powering up

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
Right this is the deal

i bought a mutant sub about a year ago and was working fine i then bought a vibe quick release plug so i could take me sub out with ease

i then got the chance to buy my friends fli sub off him took the wires off my old sub and used them with the fli sub connected it all togeather had it earthed in the same place as the mutant one turned on my cd player and no power going to the sub

could it be the fact that i aint using the cables that came with the sub or am i missing something

First thing I would do is check the live and remote.

Use a multi meter or a 12v bulb just to make sure that nothing else has moved, maybe the fuse might have blown or something. Just good to check your connections then if all of those are fine then the problem has to lie with the amp itself.

well i took the cables off the fli sub and re-connected them back onto the mutant sub and it worked fine i no that the earth has to be spot on but why wouldnt it work with the fli one but will with the mutant one

it worked in my friends car though and he had it earthed behind one of his seatbelts where there was no paint at all

I had a problem with mine suddenly not powering up, my amp has two earth connectors so I daisy-chained them by using both, then connecting to somewhere near the boot and it worked. If your sub has two earth connectors then try this.

Check your remote connection from amp to headunit, if you dont get 12v (or around 12v) then your amp wont know when to turn itself on.

EDIT: Should be a blue wire

EDIT: i would also check the fuse on the positive cable because i managed to blow it when i was re-wireing my system, could happen.

i get tired of telling people to do this,

why spend all that money on a sup and amp, then buy the red wire to run the positive and than pick up a crappy earth in the boot on a car thats not even welded together, why not run an earth back? if you do this it almost eliminates power faults.

If you have a spare positive wire put a bit of black tape on each end and run it to the negative on the battery. Even if the earth was bad you'd still get a light on though as it'd ground out through the RCA's a bit. I'd say the amp is f'd

Back