running in a 10" sub

just got myself a jbl 1000w sub powered by jbl 400w amp, how will i know when it has been run in? how long do i need to wait?

thank

by the way, i am posting this here because dont seem to get many replies in the ICE section

ok ill move this (i admit i never look in the ice area) just use it as normal dont worry too much about running it in, ive never seen any proof that it makes any difference.

Ed

Not saying that doesn't sound sensible but Says who? Based on what proof?

I'm not sure it makes any difference to be honest. Nice choice though I had a couple of JBL 12s wired up and they're nice and solid.

Thrash the knickers off it right from the word go, it's what the SPL/Streebass/Competition runners do :)

I'm guessing that you've set up the amp and the gains properly, bass boost is off, etc?

Also, it should loosen up after 20hrs or so of decent use, and can quite often begin to give you 'better' bass. Don't worry about taking it easy for now though, just play as normal :)

I wonder what Ken Ishiwata would say about this... the little sonic guru!!

anyhow... I think it does make a difference... some say 26hrs play... others say 6hrs continuous... but I reckon there is.. perhaps if u used the same track... to start with... then run in... with different tracks... then later play your first track... see if there is a difference... from the same listening position and settings etc.

If you want to hear a difference you will.

Like chaning your air filter it won't make a feelable difference. But, you will convince yourself you can feel a difference.

Back