Best way to face sub in a K11

Hi All,

Quick Question, what's the best way to face a sub in a K11? I have door speakers (direct for head unit), 6x9's in the shelf amped up and a 12" Sub in the boot with an internal amp. At the moment the sub is facing the back and sounds ok but I was expecting more from it... It's 900w. Was wondering if turning it round to face the rear seats would make it any better? Any advice would be appreciated.

Jef.

is the sub box custom or factory made? what is the RMS wattage of the internal amp on the sub box. loose the 6X9s the louder the bass the more air pressure in the boot and the worse the 6x9s will work, if at all. is the sub box a sealed or ported box? any pics?

i am getting into all this audio stuff and its actually a real art. there is loads you can do to make it better, but you are lucky to get it sounding good at all if you just buy stuff from halfrauds and throw it in the car

basically, Facing the sub to the back makes the sound deeper. Facing it to the front will shake the seats more though.

I have have pioneer Mids/Tweeters/Crossovers in the front no rear speakers at all and a 12" sub in the boot
like this:
NewCarpet.jpg

Ok Well everyone will probably laugh at this, but hey:

I have
2 door speakers (un-amped) But after market
1x 12" sub (The sub is a factory boxed with the amp intergrated. I think 900watts Max Power)
2x 6x9s (Vibe Slicks, and amped up with a mutant amp)
2 seperate wiring kits to each amp of course.
Sony Bluetooth Head Unit.

I like that install idea it looks pretty sweet. The 6x9s seem pretty powerful and are crystal clear. The front door speakers are being drowned out abit and need amping up. Today I put the box to the left and turned it facing the right. Seems to be a much better sound. Is putting it on the floor really that good?

I have mine facing sideways (woofer facing passenger side) and it sounds beautiful, the boot acts like a sub box. One of my friends had his facing to the back of the car, and it sounded alright but you didn't feel the kick from it as much.
Have a shuffle around dude and see what works best for you.

I've tried it all ways round now and at the moment it's in driver side facing the rear seats, I'm still trialing this but it seems pretty good. Not too shakey but still you can feel it through the seat and it's got a pretty good kick...
Cheers all for the help.

Back