injectors

im running an adjustable fpr at 5bars. i want to upgrade the injectors, but dunno which ones to put in. i was thinking 1.6s out of an almera, or primera. which is better. or do i have the wrong end of the stick and need something completely different.

5 bar is double standard pressure. i dont think the injectors can take it though so im gonna put larger capacity injectors on and lower the pressure. more fuel big bang! :) what about sr20 injectors or ca18det?

5 bar is double standard pressure. i dont think the injectors can take it though so im gonna put larger capacity injectors on and lower the pressure. more fuel big bang! :) what about sr20 injectors or ca18det?

only GA are a straight fit tom, i prefer the topfeed GQ ones personally (in a CGA rail)

Frank did you have to fit resistors for those injectors? Im awaiting news for the price of my rb25-cg rail getting welded before i rethink my options :)

new update. ive reduced the fuel pressure to 4bar. it was putting the spark out. big misfires accompanied by pops and bangs, but no flames yet.

p.s. went side exit yesterday. ran it for a while with neither mid silencer or back box, but both cats. the noise was unholy. only dared rev it to 3 because of neighbors.

Frank, what power increase did you see from putting the ga16s in? was it significant? what fuel pressure do you run at?

i did,nt notice any really tom, but that was stock pressure (it was lumpy @ low throttle and a pita to start, fuelpump fuse out job every time !)
and i tried different cams and timings and GA t/b and allsorts on the 1311 high comp engine, but i could only get it to do 9 sec 0 to 60 and 16.1 sec 1/4 mile :suspect: but with the QG injectors and SR t/b it jumped to 8 secs and 15.4 :eek:

I don't understand why people want to change Micra injectors? It adds NO power??? the oem ones are large enough as it is, unless your running a turbo.

If you're not adding a correspondingly larger amount of air to match, adding fuel will achieve nothing more than sooty plugs and poor economy, Ed's right fwn.

If you're not adding a correspondingly larger amount of air to match, adding fuel will achieve nothing more than sooty plugs and poor economy, Ed's right fwn.

well here,s mine with the CGA blue injectors fitted (off the scale lean when i boot it in 2nd and 3rd, and pulling like a bog standard 1.0 fwn)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAMeTuvRspQ
and here,s mine with the red QG injectors (off the scale rich and pulling like a 1.5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxIKR5OjVcA
i know its a (somewhat limited) narrowband gauge, but we,re talking at least 2 secs difference 0 to 60, so how can "it adds NO power" be correct ?

In that case we've kinda done the same thing, the same thing Guy said

More air + more fuel = power

Rather than waste time with just one or the other, all I have to do is sort the pressure out on mine

Can I ask what Injectors would you best be fitting for a 5-7psi turbo application?

Assuming I would be able to obtain the maximum power available for that boost level?

Pepper

5-6 psi would be ok on the standard injectors wouldn't it?

Yep shouldn't push it out of it's duty
Bigger injectors won't do much without a remap if anything you'll just run rich and wash it out, I'm sick of reading people putting big injectors on their micras!! Why!! It won't do anything on a standard car, a damn air filter isn't a reason to bung some larger injectors in, when will people learn??

K11SS don't recall the email, what's your address and I'll take a look.

Frank wasn't directed at you so you may relax! You're ecu (in the nicest way possible) has no idea what's going on, but you have 'assembled' it in a way that it comes together for you. Just sticking on injectors like those said above wont work. That's why the cars wont start correctly. Everything is wrong on those setups.

Back