Jenvey Manifold Injectors

I've come across a bit of a problem with my injectors, I was intending on using yellow 444cc SR20 GTi-R ones however they don't fit in my Jenvey manifold. I've looked into boring the holes however due to the shape it looks like it'll break through. Therefore the easier option is to just change injectors however I've since tried a few other injectors, none of which seem to fit either. I'm trying to get my hand on some VAG 1.8T ones as they are another option I haven't tried yet.

My question is what injectors are people running with the jenvey manifold? I'm trying to find a set preferably from another car before I fork out and buy some from Jenvey. It's for a high boost CGA3 so I'm looking at 300cc minimum.

If not I'm making a custom manifold and selling a Jenvey one!!

OP
OP
F3kka
Obviously I understand why I'm having this issue, I'm not blaming the manifold. Jenvey would have sized the injectors for a circa 150bhp N/A micra rather than presuming idiots like me want to fit massive ones!

OP
OP
F3kka
Yes, mine are ev1 and it looks like I need ev6 to fit.

Ev14 look like the nozzle protrudes too far out, but I can't be sure

Massive oversight on my part but it looks like the VAG 1.8t ones do fit, wish I hadn't talked myself outta them in the first place and into the yellow sr20 ones :mad:

OP
OP
F3kka
Right, so now I'm very confused. Can anyone tell me that this is indeed how far they are meant to sit into the manifold? I presumed that as the manifold has a smaller bore further in, the injector should sit on that to seal, hence the larger bore of the injector should fit into the manifold.

injector1.jpg
injector2.jpg
manifold.jpg

OP
OP
F3kka
By the looks of the seal kit actually its more of a thick rubber grommet than an o-ring which sits on the nozzle part. So this may start making sense

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Fit the nylon spacer, o-ring and pintle cap and it'll fit in there fine.

Will look like this when done

img_0642.jpg