Info required please

Hi, just wondered if anyone can help with a few answers.
What're the power outputs for the CG10 and CG13 engines?
What are the bore and stroke on them?
What are the compression ratios on them?
Are the heads interchangeable and are there any power gains to be had from bits swapping?
Any ideas where I can get a K11 manual in PDF?

Thanks in advance for your time(Y)

Hi, just wondered if anyone can help with a few answers.
What're the power outputs for the CG10 and CG13 engines?
What are the bore and stroke on them?
What are the compression ratios on them?
Are the heads interchangeable and are there any power gains to be had from bits swapping?
Any ideas where I can get a K11 manual in PDF?

Thanks in advance for your time(Y)

here,s the spec,s
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_CG_engine :)
heads are the same (bar the cams)

Cheers guys,
Frank - so what are the differences on the cams?
Are the valve and port sizes/shapes on the heads the same then?

Ian, check out Frank's blog. You will love his style (Y)

That is awesome, cheers Mark for the heads up, I've just spent the last hour and a half reading through that.
(And he was right, I love your style Frank!)

So, further questions :blush:
Is the CG13 distributor a self contained system or does the ECU run the ignition as well as the fuelling?
Do the prefacelift CG13s have the CPS ring on the flywheel?
How is the chain tensioned, is it guides or a tensioner?
Still can't find a working free K11 manual pdf, anyone have any other links?

cheers BiAS :)
the optical disc in the dizzy signals the ecu for tdc etc
the auto k11,s have a cute pressed steel cps ring (full sized, bolted to the torqueplate)
and the 2 chains have nylon guides and a hydraulic tensioner each

Would it be possible to move/extend the hydraulic tensioners to account for the high compression head chain slack?
.........and,
What I'm wondering about the dizzy is whether I could bin the injection to run one on a carb/carbs and keep the original dizzy running the ignition without having to keep the ecu? Or keep the ecu solely to run the ignition? Or find an alternative dizzy that'll fit? MA12 possibly? Or is there an already known alternative?
Sorry to keep asking loads of questions:blush:

Would it be possible to move/extend the hydraulic tensioners to account for the high compression head chain slack?
.........and,
What I'm wondering about the dizzy is whether I could bin the injection to run one on a carb/carbs and keep the original dizzy running the ignition without having to keep the ecu? Or keep the ecu solely to run the ignition? Or find an alternative dizzy that'll fit? MA12 possibly? Or is there an already known alternative?
Sorry to keep asking loads of questions:blush:

Im interested on the dizzy info, can other dizzy control the ignition without ECU?

np BiAS :)
mine runs ok with the singlepoint lpg eh (over the throttlebody) and the injectors disconnected, but the ecu may well be using t/p/s and maf signals for spark advance eh?
an austin mini dizzy slot lines up ok (sleeve/reducer needed tho)
and the slack lower chain is definately an issue, i,ve tried weldfilled combustion chambers, oversize valves, 2mm skim etc, but high comp pistons are the only viable option really imo :)

Attachments

• PICT0136.JPG
    PICT0136.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 283
  • PICT0138.JPG
    PICT0138.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 245
Back