Induction kit ........worth it or not ?????

Been looking at induction kits on the net (post xmas boredom) Claims from 2 up to 10hp gains !!!
Costs from £15 to £600 !!!
Are they worth it ? which is the best ? might do it .... probably won't.
Those who've done it, what they like, fitting possible by an idiot (me)

Junk.

I paid £80 for a K&N induction kit. Sounded gay. Looked awful.

Tinkered around with filters, cold air pipes yada yada. Had problems with flatspots on almost all set ups.

I settled on a GA16 airbox with the snorkel to match. I've no problems.

Andy uses a GA box with ram air effect piping.

You can guarantee most "remove the airbox, made mine 1000x quicker" is just horse****.

I found that having a longer, more gently curving intake pipe to airbox helped cut out most of the flatspots

What about those super duper filters that just fit into the existing airbox, £35 a pop to allow more air in supposedly.
Why does it want more air anyway ???

More air means you can fit more fuel into the combustion chamber without it running rich, so you get a bigger bang. Bigger bang = more power. But it's a bit more complex than just having a bigger, more free flowing filter. Moving air has momentum for one which has an enourmous effect on how much air ends up in the cylinders through the rev range.

More air means you can fit more fuel into the combustion chamber without it running rich, so you get a bigger bang. Bigger bang = more power. But it's a bit more complex than just having a bigger, more free flowing filter. Moving air has momentum for one which has an enourmous effect on how much air ends up in the cylinders through the rev range.
I sort of understand that :eek:

Back