• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

How to fit a front end induction kit on a Nissan Micra K11 1.0 2002

What i got for my nissan micra

•Honda Prelude 97-01 Accord 98-02 Aluminium Induction kit.​
•98-01 NISSAN MICRA 1.0/1.3/1.4L Aluminium Induction Kit.​
•Oil breather.​

The kits were about £30 each from ebay. I paid £15 pound for the oil breather from halfords, looking back now, its a rip off to pay £15 for a oil breather, im sure you could buy a cheaper one on ebay.

Getting Started
•Remove the Original Airbox and Intake.​
•Remove the panel adjactant to the radiator.​

You will need to do a very simple modification to both induction kits

•When you get both kits get the Micra kit and fit it to the throttle body​

When placing the micra induction kit must rest between number 2 coilpack and number 3 coilpack.

•With the micra intake in place, put the honda intake next to it to see were you need to cut to make them join together using the bend of the honda pipe to make it go downwards.​

Both Oil breather outlets should be near each other so you can connect both together with the hose supplied with the kit

•when the pipes have been cut, fit the pipes together, attached the oil breather to the engine and attach the filter to the induction kit.​

*Note: Always be aware of hydrolock, hydrolock is cause when the intake takes in water via flood water or a puddle, beware that the intake is lower than before, Precipitation should be noted because the filter is facing the wide open, but its highly unlikely that rain water that isnt 100% covering the intake will be sucked up 500mm and a futher 600mm. Ive been driving mine with some of the heaveist precipitation that North Wales has to offer every year with no problems whatsoever.

I could understand that some people may think that the heat from the enigne would heat up the intake. but ive been recording data on my car via the OBD-II Cable, ive been getting recordings of an intake Air intake temperature of 19C at 40mph.

One thing i have discovered that have i have been driving, the Induction pipe is stone cold, but it does heat after the car has stopped

Tools

•Grinder​
•File​
•Screwdriver​

Back