In-Car DVD Player

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Im looking into in-car DVD players, I don't want sat nav and all that fancy crap, just a DVD player and MP3... I've looked at the one pictured below, but does anyone know where i can get one for a good price and anything i should know before I buy anything?

IVA-310Da.jpg

Dont want to spend much more then £500

PS. does anyone know any that come downwards rather then upwards?

u will have to do modification to the dashboards DIN slot because these will not fit normally. :)

iirc the dash din tilts backwards so the screen cannot erect itself...tis the case with both facelift and pre-facelift... methinks...

maybe a dash mod like davey c's gauge pod's, but for a din slot...

Get a setup like Kev. Detachable pioneer screen, and disks can be played from a DVD player. The sound can be connected into the aux socket on a decent head unit!

I'd have done this in my car if DVD changers didnt cost around a grand!

goldstar0011 said:
Basically the micra stereos faced upward slighty meaning when a flip up screens comes out it won't position correctly

Yeah, but if you got a DVD player where the screen came downwards rather then upwards, that would fit correct?

i personally havent seen one that flips out downwards :doh:

what about one of those that doesnt flip out but include a 3.5 inch screen on the headunit?! its a bit small but its cheap and workable solution.

d3_1_b.JPG

I looked at the 3.5" screens, but I dont see if its worth £200, IMO if your gonna go for a tv in your car, at least go for the 7"...

UNLESS, there is one with a removable face?

they r the double din ones :)

i would just have seperate, dvd player and screen :) so much eaiser, and cheaper

** add **

Just thought, that if u had a computer ur in car .. screen that flips out normal way :)
If u put it in upside down, then on the computer flip the image... may look alil weird, but would work

well what can we say, the smaller the screen the cheaper it is. it will defo be a lot under your budget. it really falls down to whether you can get used to the little screen, go see a demo b4 u make a decision.

mean micra said:
maybe a dash mod like davey c's gauge pod's, but for a din slot...

mine has a din slot below as this was the original purpose, a second headunit but a motorised DVD screen with turbo guages above, however the heater matrix gets in the way and it woulnt fit in there...so...was born the handy dash pocket lol

Back