TV and DVD player

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Hey, i dont know if this should be in the ICE section or here, but i figure that because its for my k10 id put it in here.

I bought a TV and DVD player for the car and theres just one wire im not too sure about. It says i need to connect it to the handbreak so the screen will only work when the handbreak is up, however i dont want to have any limitations of when i can use it... So basically i just want to know if i can connect the wire to a switched 12v+ source so that when the switch is "ON" it will work...

Cheers!

just leave the vable all together mate, should be fine, but if that doesnt work just do what you said - cigarette lighter or battery or summit

No - it goes to ground...........

So if it doesnt work, dont connect the wire to +12V, connect it to the chassis first!

Otherwise you risk blowing the unit.

ok cool, thanks! Ill splice it in with the ground for the TV itself, so if it dont work ill connect it to a switched 12v+, thanks!

Well, to begin with just dont connect it. If that doesnt work, connect it to ground. If that doesnt work, then connect it to a switched live.

Ok i connected the TV and DVD player up, i connected the hand break cable to the ground in order for it to work and i mounted the DVD player under the stereo (i took the ash tray out).
I still have to mount the screen tho, i might need to get a mount made up to locate it where i want...
Ill try add pics when i get some, i still have a lot of wires that need sorting out, ill probly put off doing this untill tuesday when i get my new MDX F5800, the new minidisc head unit :p

Back