portable dvd player

richmicratwista

Direct Detailing UK
thinking of buying this portable dvd player.

should be £100 but im getting it for £80:laugh:

thinking of putting it in the glovebox and making a mechanism to make it slide out as u open it.

i want to no how hard it would be to have the sound come through my speakers in the car.

then secondly how would i go about installing a ps2 to run through the screen:wow::glance:

cheers:down:

The DVD player will (should) have pre-outs which can pull straight into the aux inputs on the back of ya stereo.

As for PS2 shouldn't be a problem, I know some basics but some on here have done it so they would be better help.

Right, if you don't have any preouts left on the back of the headunit then your amp doesn't support aux input.
You'll need to get a FM mod to get the sound through the headunit. Thats what i was wiring up for Dan at Donny, and also have done it for G.
Titch in Georges account!

nicon_23 said:
Right, if you don't have any preouts left on the back of the headunit then your amp doesn't support aux input.

That's pretty confusing.... you can have no pre-outs left and still have aux inputs.

Thats what I was thinking per-outs go to amps, aux inputs look same but are for input from devices!

But ye if you have none on the back of ya stereo then FM modulator or amps have 2 sets of inputs so there could be a way to use that!
Else it is an FM modulator then.

Andrew said:
nicon_23 said:

That's pretty confusing.... you can have no pre-outs left and still have aux inputs.

Indeed this is true, but what i was meaning is if you don't have anymore white and red sockets, then you don't have aux output as they usually use the same connections.

Retepetsir said:
What's the point in using a portable DVD player if your installing a PS2?

The PS2 will do that job on its own......

Cheap and easy to obtain LCD screen... these things have dropped way beyond the price of a standalone screen. They consume a lot less power as well but that isn't really a concern in a car. And you can remove it and watch DVDs elsewhere, if you want.

Oh right - sorry. I took it as just being the dvd player itself, not with a built in screen!

Not sure how hard it is to wire through to the screen, depends if it has external inputs available.

Otherwise get a TFT off of Ebay for under £100 :)

so if i have got the aux inputs in the head unit do i just connect them to the dvd player.

im gettiln a dvd player for now because i havnt got a ps2 available for the car but i could still play dvds and music dvds through it. meaning the sound would go through the speakers and sub!

richmicratwista said:
so if i have got the aux inputs in the head unit do i just connect them to the dvd player.

im gettiln a dvd player for now because i havnt got a ps2 available for the car but i could still play dvds and music dvds through it. meaning the sound would go through the speakers and sub!

Yea, thats right. If it doesn't have them then you can still get a FM Modulator.

richmicratwista said:
what do the aux inputs look like, rca outputs??

where can i get hold of a fm mod if not and how much r they?

tehy look like RCA outputs yes, just a red and white connection.

Ebay is the cheapest place mate.

no aux inputs on head unit so i need an fm mod but i dont use ebay that much so where else can i get one from and how much. will halfordsor maplin have them
anyone????
will this do the trick????

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=44128&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=&doy=19m4

Back